Pointless Exercises

Talk about anything here.
Oroboros

Pointless Exercises

Post by Oroboros »

Heh. This took a while. Total annihilation.

-Oro
gugusm

Post by gugusm »

Wow, nice. You've killed everyone, right?
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

How'd you do it? I know there's a bug you can exploit to make it easy, but judging by your casualties you did it fairly.
Gjallarhorn

Post by Gjallarhorn »

I have always hoped there was a way to kill everything. How did you do it? 8)
Raflegan

Post by Raflegan »

Please tell me you have the video for this... I need the recording ;-P
gugusm

Post by gugusm »

Raflegan wrote:Please tell me you have the video for this... I need the recording ;-P
Yeah, can you upload your recording somewhere?
Fury IX

Post by Fury IX »

34 dead trow...
ArfPaws

Post by ArfPaws »

34 Trows, Fetches and 166 Myrmidons? How did you do that? Did you stay near the arch at the beginning of the level, attracting the enemies with a zerk?
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Cid and I used to do this...
only we used to screw it up before getting nearly as many kills!!

Nice.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Oroboros

Post by Oroboros »

ArfPaws wrote:34 Trows, Fetches and 166 Myrmidons? How did you do that? Did you stay near the arch at the beginning of the level, attracting the enemies with a zerk?
In a nutshell: Yes. Though I alternated between FGs and zerks, and used a duff as well. Several duffs: It's a punishing level on leg.

I'm afraid I didn't save the film of that fight, but I managed to find a saved game from about 30 mins before the end and play it out to record a different, slightly more successful end.

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~japer/RoB_cleared.zip

To the purists out there: This is possibly a pretty average attempt at clearing RoB. Last weekend was dedicated to two things: clearing RoB of its 234 bastards, and mixing the perfect Mojito. Curiously, I did better when I added more mint - go figure. But I'm sure you uber1337 playas can wup my ass on stats.

Things just got fooking tough after the third Mojito.

I played a pretty paranoid game - viewing is best at 16x speed.

I have two more pointless challenges for RoB to do: clear it, no losses, and clear it online, no losses. This attempt had the luxury of multiple saves (I'm a pretty average player). Soon as I replenish my Bacardi stocks, I'll have a go at the first no losses scenario: refine my technique b4 the online discipline.

You have no idea how expensive limes are in this country. It's fooking unreal.

-Oro
Gjallarhorn

Post by Gjallarhorn »

I did the same thing, but on Timid. I think you took a higher difficulty. There was absolutely NO ENEMY LEFT. But it's quite easy, the first enemies will come to archer range by themselves. You can shoot them from a distance, but they will come towards you and after a few times they will not be bothered with the border. So for your archer's sake, kill them off with either your berserks or FG's. I suggest you kill the Trow with your FG's, trying to keep casualties to a minimum.

From the moment the life-tired villains are dead, your routine starts. To attract the enemy, you can best use the Fetch. Stand out of their shooting range, but not too much, and return once they approach. Stand your FG next to the entrance of your side of the border. My favourite archer position was shift-1 (forgot the name, sorry, short line?) because the never hit each other. Make sure the don't hit your FG's too much, especially on legendary. Once they make a couple of kills the aim will improve, so Trow-killing will be faster. Make sure to get your FG behind the border in time, but not too early, because you want to get all the damage possible. Dorfs will have not much effect on the Trow, so use them only for Myrms, by control-clicking on the ground. If they have to wait for the myrms to get close, they will be stamped to pieces. Also, use satchels only for myrms, and let your archers focus on Trow.

When all is killed, there's an enemy base to the direct left, that shouldn't be too hard. There are still some Trow marching, but surprisingly they won't attack. Attack them with 1 FG or a pack of archers, it takes a while to kill them because they keep moving but it's the easiest thing. There are a few Trow temples with Trow, myrms and fetch in it, but they won't attack either, except when you get too close. Kill them with your archers.
Now there are only a few fetch left, east of the map. You can best attract them with an FG, and kill them with your archers. Also, there are still running packs of fetch/myrms. I first attracted the myrms and killed them with my FG, then shot the fetch with my archers.

Now everyting is clean, except for the other side of the bridge. Use standard strategy to kill the rest and congrats.

Two of my dorfs died tragically because their cocktails bounced off my FG, which caused them to blow up in the middle. I guess Leg could be finished without any casualties.

^ Copypaste this because they are not working here (??)
Last edited by Gjallarhorn on Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gjallarhorn

Post by Gjallarhorn »

Now I'm busy with the same thing on Legendary. It's a bit harder in the beginning, instead of using my zerks and fg's to kill the myrms, I use my dwarves and archers. When routine kicks in, I use the following setup:

(i see those images are not working here so you'll have to copypaste)
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
Gjallarhorn

Post by Gjallarhorn »

Baron LeDant wrote:http://myth.bungie.org/mythmaster/Films ... fBlood.zip

No damage taken, cleared.
Can't get close :) Here's my recording (did it with The Fallen Levels, so you can play it in Myth 2)

http://gallery.totalcodex.org/gallery/m ... emId=19019

Oh, besides, I killed 235 enemies (?)
Oroboros

Post by Oroboros »

Gjallarhorn wrote:Can't get close :) Here's my recording (did it with The Fallen Levels, so you can play it in Myth 2)
I've no wish to disrespect your attempt, but am I right in thinking that one of the big differences TFL has to M2 is that TFL doesn't allow you to slow down to 1/4 play speed while you're playing?

-Oro