How do I record audio with Snapz?

Talk about anything here.
Cobalt 7

How do I record audio with Snapz?

Post by Cobalt 7 »

Cobalt here, hard at work on my Myth video. However, I can't seem to figure out how to get Snapz to record audio. I'm not getting any sound of the recordings, and that severely detracts from the "effect" of any recording effort. Until I get this figured out I'm stalled.
I decided to look up in the sky, and lo and behold there was a BoB. I stared at him, and he stared back. There was silence for a great while until he said in a thunderous, booming voice..."Okay, Okay, DON'T Frogblast the ventcore."
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

You can try recording audio with Audio Hijack (http://rogueamoeba.com/audiohijack/) and then combine the two tracks.
Cobalt 7

Post by Cobalt 7 »

Huh, funny thing is, I actually have Audio Hijack. Sync-ing them will be tricky.....but I should manage.
I decided to look up in the sky, and lo and behold there was a BoB. I stared at him, and he stared back. There was silence for a great while until he said in a thunderous, booming voice..."Okay, Okay, DON'T Frogblast the ventcore."
Khadrelt

Post by Khadrelt »

I used the demo of Snapz to record some video once, and it captured the sound just fine. Make sure the 'Mac audio track' checkbox is checked in the Movie settings. If that still doesn't work, I don't know what the problem is.
The cake is a lie.
The Seeker

Post by The Seeker »

And if everything fails...take the "speaker/headphone" output from your computer and pipe it into...something that records :?
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Use WireTap. It's like Snapz, but for sound. Made by the same folks too.

My OSX version of Snapz doesn't let me use hotkeys anymore though (since I got 10.4). What the hell!
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
ducky

Post by ducky »

using snapz:

first check the box "Mac Audio Track" on the pre-capture window (the one titled "Movie Settings"). then, once you've recorded, check the box 'Include Audio Track." Gotta do both.

that should do it.