Where to find a Myth II CD?

Talk about anything here.
natethelen

Where to find a Myth II CD?

Post by natethelen »

I have searched everywhere on this site and forums and other sites and could not find a reference to a place where you can purchase a Myth II CD. any ideas? This should be a sticky topic on the main page of the forums, FYI.

Thanks,
Nate
Baak

Post by Baak »

Amazon.com
eBay

Type "Myth II" in their search boxes and you'll get lots of matches.
natethelen

Does the disc have both the PC and Mac version?

Post by natethelen »

Does the disc have both the PC and Mac version or do I have to make sure and get the right one?
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

AFAIK there was only one version for both Mac and PC.
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
natethelen

Post by natethelen »

Ah! When I searched before I used Myth 2 which only brought up 1 result. Thanks!
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

You can also try froogle.google.com

keywords myth + soulblighter or myth + codex are also good.
Gamer

Post by Gamer »

If you cant find it anymore, you can download it as a .zip file.
I think its available at eMule or azureus, but only the english
version!

mfG
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

You should be wary of any software on a file sharing network as the chance of it being trojaned or virused is high.
Baak

Post by Baak »

Eddaweaver wrote:You should be wary of any software on a file sharing network as the chance of it being trojaned or virused is high.
Not to mention the fact that it's illegal - and these days I wouldn't be surprised if someone isn't watching... ;)

Some of the Myth II CDs/sets on Amazon are New or "Like New", from reputable dealers, and are around US$7 including shipping - really no excuse not to buy a legal copy.

I bought Myth TFL, Myth III, and Green Berets over the years through Amazon resellers and/or a Gaming outlet that had resellers. All were in excellent condition and extremely inexpensive.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Baak wrote:Not to mention the fact that it's illegal - and these days I wouldn't be surprised if someone isn't watching... ;)
Lothar (remember him? ;)) had a network he was on taken down by the police or something like that. The guy who did it got in a bit of trouble but no one else apparently.
I bought Myth TFL, Myth III, and Green Berets over the years through Amazon resellers and/or a Gaming outlet that had resellers. All were in excellent condition and extremely inexpensive.
eBay did me proud on Myth III and GB. Amazon for Codex.
The Seeker

Post by The Seeker »

On eBay or Amazon easy to find Soulblighter cheap, but even better, find either:

Myth Total Codex (3 CD mini-pack): Myth I, Myth II, Myth II Chimera solo expansion pack (Chimera also freely download-able at the Tain), a tiny CD insert paper manual, full manuals on CD, and strategy/hint guides on CD.

Or

Myth II Worlds: Myth II, plus some interesting expansion levels made by various folks...sci-fi, feudal Japan, WWII, etc. (and some of these don't appear to be on the Tain site).

Or

Green Berets (the one by Take Two Interactive software...2 CD set): The complete version of the original retail item includes both Green Berets (based on Myth II engine) AND Soulblighter.
Last edited by The Seeker on Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hough

Post by Hough »

Ahh I never got to play the Green Beret one. :P
The Seeker

Post by The Seeker »

Hough wrote:Ahh I never got to play the Green Beret one. :P
Me neither. I just bought Green Berets off Amazon...$5...INCLUDING shipping! Brand-new too!
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

The Seeker wrote:
Hough wrote:Ahh I never got to play the Green Beret one. :P
Me neither. I just bought Green Berets off Amazon...$5...INCLUDING shipping! Brand-new too!
Green Berets is fun - only thing found annoying was there weren't many different kinds of enemies. I found it a few years back for around $5 new - great price and as a bonus you get a backup CD of Myth II.

Good deal you found there.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Point

myth buys....

Post by Point »

if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.