Something wrong with my Super Requiem of the Dead v2.0

Talk about anything here.
MadMartigan

Something wrong with my Super Requiem of the Dead v2.0

Post by MadMartigan »

I wanted to play Super Requiem of the Dead v2.0 for nostalgic reasons but when i try to play it the screen is entirely black. I can still highlight the units and see what they are at the top of the screen and the level plays out fine but other than that the entire landscape and all units (except for the yellow box and health bar) are all black and i cant see anything. Can someone tell me what is wrong with it or what i have to do to make it work? I have already downloaded the original ROTD seeing if that might help but it didnt. Thanks![/i]
Raflegan

Post by Raflegan »

Never heard of SRotD, where's it found?
Gjallarhorn

Post by Gjallarhorn »

Did you reinstall SRotD? Because you said you only tried to install the original RotD? Do you have the latest Myth version? Try to reinstall the game (make a backup of plugins, recordings and saves)

@ Raflegan: SRotD is a Mazz game, allies and enemies with great amounts of life and everyone is buffed up in speed and aim.
MadMartigan

Post by MadMartigan »

yeah i did reinstall the game AND SROTD so i dont know what else could be wrong with it. and yeah ive had 1.6 since it was released so i dont think that can be it. and for Raflegan I think SROTD is in Fidelix's folder at Udogs if you would like to get it :-D
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Have you tried different rendering modes? For example, D3D, OpenGL, Software...
Raflegan

Post by Raflegan »

Gjallarhorn wrote: @ Raflegan: SRotD is a Mazz game, allies and enemies with great amounts of life and everyone is buffed up in speed and aim.
I didn't ask what is it, I asked where can I find it :P
Gjallarhorn

Post by Gjallarhorn »

Raflegan wrote:
Gjallarhorn wrote: @ Raflegan: SRotD is a Mazz game, allies and enemies with great amounts of life and everyone is buffed up in speed and aim.
I didn't ask what is it, I asked where can I find it :P
MM answerred that ;) But here's the link:

http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... d%20v2.zip
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

I had an issue like this one time, but everything was solid white. Turns out it was a fog setting on the mesh that was WAY too thick. If you turned off '3d fog' in the prefs, it cleaned the map up np. The only other way to fix it is to rebuild the plugin file of course.

Give the prefs pane a check though.
MadMartigan

Post by MadMartigan »

THANKS SO MUCH Graydon turning of the 3D fog made it work perfectly and right away I shall annihilate hordes of enemies in your honor and build a pile of skulls that would make a myrkridia stare blankly in awe. :-D and thank you everyone for your timely and really helpful advice much appreciated!