looking for a cd crack for myth.

Talk about anything here.
ducky

looking for a cd crack for myth.

Post by ducky »

k by now this should be noncontroversial.

i want to watch some 1.4 films. i do not have my CD with me any more. I need a mac crack for myth. please advise.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

I don't believe there was a mac crack for Myth. I remember instead we used to make a .img file of the Myth II CD & fire it up - Myth would then think a CD was in the drive. More to the point, there were tiny versions of this .img file around on various hotline servers back in the day.

If that doesn't work for you, I know that on Windows that any CD in the drive with the label "myth2" would make the cd check succeed - on Mac its checking for the label "Myth II", so burning a cd with that label that could be worth trying.
Point

um... myth I or myth II

Post by Point »

if its myth II your are talking about ... and you have a full install on the os 9 mac the image always worked...

though now 1.6 doesn't do a cd check anyway on the mac or the pc from my experience... I have 4 myth II cd's laying around somewhere though I haven't seen them in years. and have played plenty on the mac and pc platforms.

full install from the cd then park the cd somewhere safe seems to be the way to go.
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

though now 1.6 doesn't do a cd check anyway on the mac or the pc from my experience... I have 4 myth II cd's laying around somewhere though I haven't seen them in years. and have played plenty on the mac and pc platforms.
I think the point he was making was he is viewing them through Myth II v1.4.

I believe MythDev's poor attempt at a Myth II patch (v1.4.4) was a CD crack one. I hear it caused all kinds of issues but if you could find that it'd do the trick?
The Seeker

Post by The Seeker »

Just go to eBay or Amazon, you can probably get a sealed, new copy, delivered, for about $10 total, including postage. I recently bought M2 (mis-placed mine, thought it was lost), M2: Worlds, & Green Berets, each for about $10 delivered, and each includes a copy of M2.
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

why would he want to shell out $10 just to watch some myth films?
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
Shaister

Post by Shaister »

This is Ducky we're talking about. He shelled out $50 just to make some myth films.
Baak

Post by Baak »

Baron LeDant wrote:why would he want to shell out $10 just to watch some myth films?
I've seen some pretty crappy films in theaters and on DVD's that cost me way more than that. ;)
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Baak wrote:
Baron LeDant wrote:why would he want to shell out $10 just to watch some myth films?
I've seen some pretty crappy films in theaters and on DVD's that cost me way more than that. ;)
I refuse to pay more than $10 to see a movie.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Archer

Post by Archer »

Why wouldn't he, or anyone else, shell out $10 to watch some Myth films?

~J
Failure: when your best just isn't good enough.