MYTH advertising campaign for 2007

Talk about anything here.
The Seeker

Re: GETMYTH .com and .net

Post by The Seeker »

Point wrote:if get myth is gonna be the link...
which one or both...
Hmmm. As they stand right now, I like the .com better, though they both need fixing. I already posted what Magma should change, as for .net...I kind of don't care for it's organization, though there is lots of info if you do click-around. I HATE their hard-to-read low-contrast black-text-on-maroon background! Maybe if they fix that I could stand the site, as it is I can barely stand to look at it. The .net makes no mention of 1.6 patch.
Death's Avatar wrote:flip4mac, wmv's in quicktime
You know, I've seen their stuff, for some reason I didn't want to try it then...but maybe I will now. I just hope they don't have any code in there they licensed from Microsoft :P
carlinho wrote:is there a tutorial on how to do movies from myth?
Just get Fraps (Windows) or Snapz Pro (Mac) and play around. Use any video editor...Microsoft's player, QuickTime (Pro?), etc.

>on a personal note, doesn't anyone buy useful software anymore?

Yeah, really. Piracy = bad.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

300 bah!
there's going to be the 300 plus all the allies to a total carnage!!!!

here's a couple of screenshots:

Thermopylae map by unkfoldt:

Raid on the Plains the Greek way:
Image[/img]

The market place:

a tower:

The government building where the council met:

The Harbour:

The entrance to the acropolis:

Of course with such ambitious projects being done by only one guy and the moral and technical support of the Onyx warlords I can be done in another 300 years...hehehehe
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
Floyd

Post by Floyd »

alright carl, its only fair that you sign me up for beta testing!!!! pronto!!
Muhammad is the most common given name in the world. Chang is the most common family name. There are, however, very few people named 'Muhammad Chang.'
gugusm

Post by gugusm »

Harbor looks GREAT! Well, everything looks cool, but this harbor charmed me :shock:
Cobalt 7

Post by Cobalt 7 »

Okay, this just made me pee myself.

My only question lies with Myth itself.

I've always had trouble ensuring that my Melee units maintained Formation upon entering combat. For instance, in TSG I Love the Legionaires and their shield manuever, keeping them in the Box formation, etc, but upon Marching towards my enemy, they don't maintain their formation, and are scattered, and subsequently smashed by a 2nd infantry rush.

I know that part of the skill comes from reigning in the control of your units.

But is there a way to prevent your forces from being complete idiots without mad micromanagement skills?
I decided to look up in the sky, and lo and behold there was a BoB. I stared at him, and he stared back. There was silence for a great while until he said in a thunderous, booming voice..."Okay, Okay, DON'T Frogblast the ventcore."
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

well I tried killing the autotarget in the monster tag, then you line them in formation (tight formation) and they attack without breaking apart, the thing is they don't even move until you make them move...thus they don't attack even a single unit they have 2 meters away...

then I cancelled the autotarget, select them hit stop, and wait until they are attacked so they react, but they always break formations one way or the other
so I guess it's a map making question but if anyone knows the answer I would gladly use it..
Point

Myth Projects lets get busy...

Post by Point »

http://www.myspace.com/pointsg

i think a little cross promotion is a good thing... setting up myspace utube etc... accounts to upload movies.. and such... once the server question is settled and new players can join lets pimp the rides so to speak on all the various video sites...

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... 2021252363
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

alright point, I took your incentive and here's a small video of the Thermopylae map

of course the map is not finished so the units are scarce, the script is pathetic and the units are not finished so I "edited" in some sounds in post production...adding some funny ones...hehehehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyxiPWvEIes

hope you like it!
voiceofra

Post by voiceofra »

carlinho wrote:300 bah!
there's going to be the 300 plus all the allies to a total carnage!!!!

here's a couple of screenshots:
[snipped to save bandwidth and page load time]
Of course with such ambitious projects being done by only one guy and the moral and technical support of the Onyx warlords I can be done in another 300 years...hehehehe
That. Is. SO. Freaken. Awesome.
Last edited by voiceofra on Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

carlinho wrote:alright point, I took your incentive and here's a small video of the Thermopylae map

of course the map is not finished so the units are scarce, the script is pathetic and the units are not finished so I "edited" in some sounds in post production...adding some funny ones...hehehehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyxiPWvEIes

hope you like it!
Bah I dont have net in house right now and cant open YouTube in work :(
Got uploaded zipped or rared version somewhere?
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

wassup Tireces!
in this folder, the last file down the line its the thermopylae preview video
you can download it by right clicking on it

enjoy!

http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... sc%20files
Cobalt 7

Post by Cobalt 7 »

Great stuff. But...

1) The voices. Do you need any help?

2) Combat. Simply setting up your troops to act as a melee meat grinder might get old after a bit. Will the Spartans be able to block arrows with T ?

3) Anti-Clump. It really made the infantry lines look like they had over lapping shields and such, but Melee seems to get ugly fast. Would Anti-Clump damage the gameplay? I just would love to get a better glance at those models and units spread out a bit more.

4) Will there be a 300 mode, or am I going to have to make one?

That being said I do love it. Just wondering though...did the Spartan helmets really have the decorations horizontal? Or did 300 get it wrong?

p.s. Sadly I think it's inevitable for folks to not compare this to 300, despite it's (fun) inaccuracies. You seem to be striving towards realism.
I decided to look up in the sky, and lo and behold there was a BoB. I stared at him, and he stared back. There was silence for a great while until he said in a thunderous, booming voice..."Okay, Okay, DON'T Frogblast the ventcore."
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

what's up Cobalt

1)voices: I could use a hand with voices. My english sucks as you may have noticed. I'm still not there with scripted maps so I don't know whcih texts to record, but when I do I'll let you know

2)I haven't got a clue what anticlump is, if it's interesting please explain!

3)Thermopylae is 300 but the realistic way. I don't see any similarities with the movie except the name leonidas and a couple of other things

4)yep I started 3 years ago when 300 didn't exist and I strived for realism. I'm a bit of a historian myself, so for me real means a lot.

300 might be great but it's totally unrealistic, so it will never look like it

but you are right, just melee is really boring.
that's why I need to script it really good.

in other maps where I can lay cavalry and squirmishers (javalins and archers and even stone slingers) this doesn't happen but in thermopylae I'll have to relay on a really good story and script to make it stand it's pace.

even I'm doing a big city map like athens where historical accuracy is going to be lost as persians will storm the city walls with rams
Point

fun movie...

Post by Point »

Great first shot at a movie... maybe having the fear sound icons and stuff.. show from loathing would be nice to edit out. Also getting links to magma would be good. 300 spartens the origional movie might have some good sound clips I have the dvd... as far as 300 the new one I haven't seen it yet.. though If you could get the plug done soon you could certainly help get some new people into myth just based on the pr of the movie...
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Cobalt 7

Post by Cobalt 7 »

I'm no genius on Anti-Clump, but I think it might work better for your small number of troops against the Persians.

Also, what is your native language, just so I can be clear?

I'll try to get some sample dialogue for you just so you can see if you want to have me do some voices.