Error -4994. What am I missing here?

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
voiceofra

Error -4994. What am I missing here?

Post by voiceofra »

As the topic says, I keep getting a -4994 firewall error when trying to connect to mariusnet (mariusnet.com:3453 or by entering 66.93.11.15:3453).
Here's my set up -
MacBook.
A Westell DSL "modem".
A Linksys WRT54G wireless router.

On the Westell, the one (outside) static IP address is given to the Linksys (e.g., instead of 192.168.x.x, the router is seen as having 209.x.x.x).
The Westell has Port Forwarding enabled for Bungie/Myth II/Myth II server (TCP 3453) via the "service configuration"
Firewall security is set to "Low" ("None" and "Custom" are also available)

The Linksys, I set up Port Forwarding for the same - 3453.

On the Linksys, there is a page for "Advanced Routing" and it's set to "Gateway"...internet is working fine that way.
I have a feeling that I might need to change something, but last time I futzed with it, I had no idea what to input (see the screenshot below).
Any suggestions (custom rulesets for the Westell, different settings, etc) are more than welcome.

Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

So what are you trying to do? Just log onto marius net? Or join a game on marius net?

It almost sounds like you are trying to log on with the "TCP/IP" game option. This is used to join a particular TCP/IP hosted game. To connect to a metaserver, click on multiplayer, and click the server name (Bungie, Playmyth, Marius, whichever it is set to). If It is not set to Marius Click the "Servers..." button and select marius net.

You can either log on as a guest (Login: "guest" pw:anything , that's actually anything, not the word anything), or go to www.mariusnet.com and register for an account. Hope that helps.

-DA
voiceofra

Post by voiceofra »

Death's Avatar wrote:So what are you trying to do? Just log onto marius net? Or join a game on marius net?

It almost sounds like you are trying to log on with the "TCP/IP" game option. This is used to join a particular TCP/IP hosted game. To connect to a metaserver, click on multiplayer, and click the server name (Bungie, Playmyth, Marius, whichever it is set to). If It is not set to Marius Click the "Servers..." button and select marius net.

You can either log on as a guest (Login: "guest" pw:anything , that's actually anything, not the word anything), or go to www.mariusnet.com and register for an account. Hope that helps.

-DA
d'oh. That was exactly it.

Thanks much.