Myth 2 coming to Gametap!

Talk about anything here.
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Lugas wrote:GameTap have a weird sense of humour. First they use 1.5.1 and not credit Magma, then they make it unavailable outside the US. And on top of that, they thrown in a picture of Tails. What's with that? It is to cheer us up or to distract us from what they did there? :shock:
But he's so cuteeeeeee!

And in regards to mnet not filling shoes...what is it you need? Accounts work. Ranked works! Coop ranked will probably work soon...

-DA
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

Mariusnet accounts work?
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Death's Avatar wrote:
Lugas wrote:GameTap have a weird sense of humour. First they use 1.5.1 and not credit Magma, then they make it unavailable outside the US. And on top of that, they thrown in a picture of Tails. What's with that? It is to cheer us up or to distract us from what they did there? :shock:
But he's so cuteeeeeee!

And in regards to mnet not filling shoes...what is it you need? Accounts work. Ranked works! Coop ranked will probably work soon...

-DA
Accounts were all anonymous last I heard. e.g. You can SAY your name is anything, but everyone logs in as 'anonymous/guest' so there's no way to confirm that anyone is who they say they are.

I am curious how ranked of anykind could work effectively if everyone has the same login account.

Unless the nice folks behind mariusnet have changed their minds in the past few years there won't be any new features added to mariusnet, the developers gave up the 'myth game server development/maintenance' hobby a few years back.

ps. I would like to see PlayMyth server AND website back in full force SOON.

pps. Sometimes little things like PlayMyth's welcome message about them coming back from a server crash because they know how to do backups and the current state of existence of Mariusnet and Playmyth make me think of Karma.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

accounts are back at mnet as can be seen from the news post at www.mariusnet.com
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
PrplPplEater

Post by PrplPplEater »

Sheesh... try to kep up with things VR :P

:)
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

PrplPplEater wrote:Sheesh... try to kep up with things VR :P

yah gee sorry, but when I am wrong about the limited status of mariusnet then I don't want to be right!

w00t! mariusnet r00lz.

Hey wait a minute.... some of those pages look suspiciously OLD... does this mean that mariusnet really DOES know how to back up their servers after all???
;)

[meant entirely good naturedly]
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

You kid's and your doubting me...

Logins, ranked, Eliza. All the goodies yo :)

-DA
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

vinylrake wrote:
PrplPplEater wrote:Sheesh... try to kep up with things VR :P

yah gee sorry, but when I am wrong about the limited status of mariusnet then I don't want to be right!

w00t! mariusnet r00lz.

Hey wait a minute.... some of those pages look suspiciously OLD... does this mean that mariusnet really DOES know how to back up their servers after all???
;)

[meant entirely good naturedly]
No, pmnet clearly insinuated that the people at mnet didn't know how to make back ups, and if that's what pmnet said, then that's the way it is.

A more likely scenario is that the people at pmnet made the back of mnet for the mnet team way back then, and just recently forwarded the mnet guys a copy. I mean, lets be realistic here...
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

Death's Avatar wrote:You kid's and your doubting me...

Logins, ranked, Eliza. All the goodies yo :)

-DA
My login doesn't work.
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

The accounts have been restored, but you need to recreate your password using the registration code. If you don't have your registration code, you can have it resent using their resent registration code form assuming you know the login and email address used.

If that email address is no longer good, you will need to contact ppe and get him to update your contact info, and THEN resend the registration code.

Once you have the registration code you can use it to reset your password by entering it in your team name, entering your login in the login field, and the desired password in the password field. Once that's done and you have clicked the login button to make the submission, you should be able to log into the server using your login and new password (just make sure to clear out the registration code from your team name or it will try to update your password again).
KyleMaclean.net
PrplPplEater

Post by PrplPplEater »

To add to that... contact me at cgregg@speakeasy.net ..... the marius_net@yahoo.com email addy is "down" right now.

I will also make efforts to be logged in to mariusnet later this evening (after 9pm est). I can typically get an account squared away in just a matter of minutes after I get some base information from you.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

PrplPplEater wrote:I will also make efforts to be logged in to mariusnet later this evening (after 9pm est). I can typically get an account squared away in just a matter of minutes after I get some base information from you.
Just for the record, as an enlightend being, I assure you that there is nothing base about me.
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

My registration code doesn't work :)
t o x y n

Post by t o x y n »

sweet, mariusnet.

I tried to register a new account but my old one is still in the db apparently. I tried the resend registration link, and I have no idea what e-mail address I used to register at mnet way back when it first opened, so no record could be found Doh.

I'll shoot you an e-mail later this week Ppl. thx
PrplPplEater

Hmmm....

Post by PrplPplEater »

Edda... gimme some details on what you've tried/done, etc... more importantly, email me your username and what your registration email address was and I'll check the database.

Tox... shoot me the email or pop onto Mnet (though it looks like noone will be there now that PMnet is back up).