Myth II: Different Projectile Behaviour?

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Taskman

Myth II: Different Projectile Behaviour?

Post by Taskman »

I have successfully created a projectile that doesn't explode as soon as it touches the ground by reducing it's Normal Detonation Frequency to 0.000.

I have also set its Elastic Coefficient to 0.950, so that it will retain most of its speed when it bounces off something.

I was wondering what I should do in order to make it explode whenever its speed approaches to 0.000... Also, would it still be possible to make it detonate immediately when it contacts any other monster?

Thanks in advance. :wink:
Khadrelt

Post by Khadrelt »

If you check At Rest in the detonation section it detonates when it comes to rest.
The cake is a lie.
Taskman

Post by Taskman »

That would work, but these projectiles still don't explode when they touch a monster (just bounce off him).
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

I've done a similar thing for cannon balls, and unfortunately can't find the plug-in I made anywhere, I just have a messy local folder that I don't have time to pick apart to pull it out.
But what I have is a cannon-ball which has the "Passes through target" flag checked in flags, this allows it to pass through monsters. It does not detonate just like yours.
It then has a contrail which is simply a projectile that explodes immediately, and thus causes the damage as the cannonball tears through ranks of units.

If you want it specifically to explode (and disappear) when it hits a unit then you may have to do something a bit trickier, and there aren't really many good options for it. Nothing I'd recommend anyway as they'd be fiddly at best and prone to failing.
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these: