New Players....

Talk about anything here.
Point

New Players....

Post by Point »

If playmyth isn't going to be able to add new players for a while... should we switch to mariusnet so new players that could be inspired to play by the various myth 10 year and 1.6 etc... can have some one to play with....

at the very least it is important to put up some links so people can still see players are even playing at all..... Magma should really link mariusnet and pmnet and if possible show the now playing screens linked prominently....
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
rabid_wombat

Post by rabid_wombat »

I vote you do that because I'vewanted to play Myth online since I reinstalled it to find out how much I still suck after all these years :). Of course, I have a pmyth account somewhere, but I don't recall the password, and of course I can't d/l it.

Of course, I don't really think you guys should switch over just 'cause of little 'ol me. :P
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

The Mariusnet website needs work like hyperlinks.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

or we could support blades in the process.....
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

No hyperlinks but still allowing registration is better than not allowing registration at all.

I don't see how "supporting blades" will help new players getting accounts, if that functionality is not currently available on the playmyth site (which it isn't).

Mariusnet even supports guests, so functionality for new accounts isn't required, but it's still there. Playmyth doesn't support guests.
Archer

Post by Archer »

TCP/IP's still going with all features…

(All features it ever had, granted)

~J
Failure: when your best just isn't good enough.
Point

heres another viable option?

Post by Point »

This little tool saved operation flashpoint several years ago... it made finding a great game with players easy...

not sure if a talented programmer :) could come up with something similar for myth though it sure would be nifty.

http://www.binarybone.com/ofpwatch/

http://www.binarybone.com/ofpwatch/
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.