kw's Amazingly Noob Loathing Q

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
kicken wing

kw's Amazingly Noob Loathing Q

Post by kicken wing »

Alright fellas, here's the deal. Pretend I want to add a ghol to Willow Creek. I open up the map in loathing, open the units menu, and add "ghol" to the palette of available units.

But then when I try to select the ghol from the drop menu of units, it doesn't appear.

What's the deal?? Is it from the ghol's initial count being 0? If so, how do I change that?
Fury IX

Post by Fury IX »

Yea that is strange. Once you have any unit highlighted in the unit box, you can scroll around using the mouse wheel or up/down arrow keys to find more monsters. Not sure why I never noticed that before...
Last edited by Fury IX on Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gugusm

Post by gugusm »

Your Ghol is on the bottom of the drop menu. Try control keys to scroll it.

EDIT: Heh Fury, we've posted at the same moment :)
kicken wing

Post by kicken wing »

Ah, thanks. I found him now. I guess I just assumed the entire list of units would be shown at once.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

yea thats a bug on loathing with a PC
Baak

Post by Baak »

One thing I highly recommend to people who start heavily using Loathing on the PC (not sure if this works on the Mac) is to use the keyboard shortcuts whenever possible. Otherwise you'll find you are clicking like crazy and are likely to end up with a sore wrist after a long session.

In many lists you can start typing the thing you're looking for and it will pseudo-search for the item. For instance, when adding units to the palette let's say you want to add a Warlock. Instead of scrolling down, try typing "w" and you will at least get much closer (if not right on) the particular unit you want. Once you know how many up/down arrow key clicks away it is, and in combination with using Enter for default buttons (such as OK or Add), and by using Tab to go through fields in a form, you can add whole teams of units about 10x faster than by only using the mouse.

Just a little hint from someone who found out the hard way! :)
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

Use Home, End, Page Down / Up for lists.
Baak

Post by Baak »

Eddaweaver wrote:Use Home, End, Page Down / Up for lists.
Exactly. And start typing to get in the ballpark. Once I knew where a unit was with the "start typing" + page up + arrow down, I could whip out teams in a flurry. :)