Balor's Armor

Talk about anything here.
Gjallarhorn

Post by Gjallarhorn »

vinylrake wrote:
Khadrelt wrote:As far as Balor goes, who cares if he 'looks' like a good guy? The whole 'good guys wear white' thing is such a cliche. Bad guys don't always have to 'look' like bad guys...often the worst bad guys look perfectly respectable. I like Balor's appearance the way it is. He struck me as a bad guy who's way into himself.
Obviously he was just a pioneer of the metrosexual movement.
Quote of the day, nuff said :D
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

A-Red wrote:There's no reason to assume that Balor is wearing that particular suit of armor, or that it exists at all. The Head was treacherous. The one journal entry that mentions the armor already starts to give hints that The Head was a lying bastard.
I agree. BTW it looks like Balor had it already when he destroyed Muirthemne 50 years before siege of Madrigal.
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
Floyd

Post by Floyd »

just pointing out hes bald in the picture above, but in one of theTFL cutscenes where he is standing with his helm off, he has hair and a mustache, and i think a beard too maybe. he must have changed up his style a bit
Muhammad is the most common given name in the world. Chang is the most common family name. There are, however, very few people named 'Muhammad Chang.'
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Which cutscene?

Post by Avatara »

Myrd wrote:Which cutscene?
The one where they show the comet in the background at night... Balor is on top of his fortress looking at the horizon, wind blowing away his cape.

I dont remember mustache and beard though.
Cobalt 7

Post by Cobalt 7 »

In River of Blood (Or Pools of Iron).

I'll check that cutscene and see. It's not fully clear.

Oh, and just for the record, tales from Myth: TFL depict him as shaved headed.

So it's probably yet again a slight animation continuity error. Least it's not as bad as Myth 2's "Brigands protecting Alric, members of The Legion (The old one) defending the Baron"
I decided to look up in the sky, and lo and behold there was a BoB. I stared at him, and he stared back. There was silence for a great while until he said in a thunderous, booming voice..."Okay, Okay, DON'T Frogblast the ventcore."
Floyd

Post by Floyd »

oh, maybe he didnt have a beard or mustache, but i definately remember him with hair

and the cutscene with brigands and goodguys i think was because werent brigands originally suppose to replace warriors in myth2? but when the first preview came out people complained about how they like the myth1 warriors better or somethinG?
Muhammad is the most common given name in the world. Chang is the most common family name. There are, however, very few people named 'Muhammad Chang.'
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

Hehe there is even Alrics severed head flying in TFL final scene... :lol:
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
Cobalt 7

Post by Cobalt 7 »

Floyd wrote:oh, maybe he didnt have a beard or mustache, but i definately remember him with hair

and the cutscene with brigands and goodguys i think was because werent brigands originally suppose to replace warriors in myth2? but when the first preview came out people complained about how they like the myth1 warriors better or somethinG?
I'd love if someone could corroborate that. It seems like alot of stuff plot, and gameplay wise was left out of Myth 2.

Some of it was changed/ added in, such as Destructable trees (I'd still love for that to make it into the main game..), but then there's the stuff Bungie never quite worked out, so they just tacked it into tradition Myth gameplay.

Giant mauls, Super Warlocks, Crazier Myrks, more engine features, the Griphon, Brigands, running...

Hell I bet Bungie would have loved to work on Myth 2 with everything done by fans used as a starting point. Who knows how much they might have "borrowed" or been able to finish with those resources?

I've always wondered what Bungie/ Wideload employees who helped code Myth would have thought of everything that has been done by fans.

Imagine what Myth 2 would have been like if they had used everything you guys have done as a starting point...
I decided to look up in the sky, and lo and behold there was a BoB. I stared at him, and he stared back. There was silence for a great while until he said in a thunderous, booming voice..."Okay, Okay, DON'T Frogblast the ventcore."
Horus

Post by Horus »

1. Balor had long hair in the cutscene, no beard, no mustache.

2. Perhaps Balor was bald during his overthrowing of the Cath Bruig because he was going through a phase. Perhaps the long hair he has during TFL is because he wanted to try a different hair style (there is such a thing as shaved bald you know).

3. Balor does not wear the armour that the Head talks about, because in the M2 intro you can see the scratches made by the Zerks attacking him (the talked about armour is invincible).

4. The Head was not lying about the suit of armour, just about it's exact location.

5. Alric finds the armour eventually... (muhahaha).