An additional two stupid questions

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Hula

An additional two stupid questions

Post by Hula »

Myth TFL works excellent now with V 1.5 for OSX. But i was just wondering if you can switch resolution somehow? If i uncheck the "change resolution" box at the start, the game will run at a VERY high resolution, causing the main menu, mission briefing and the movies to be extremely small and compact, otherwise the only options are 640x480.
And one more thing. When playing a single player level the loading scene says: "copying map from CD" and after that is done the map itself begins to load. Is it possible to play Myth TFL without the CD? Or is that the "correct way".
Sorry for these questions, but everyone here is a pro, compared to me. :)
Khadrelt

Post by Khadrelt »

You can play without the CD, you just need to copy everything in the TFL folder in the CD into the TFL folder on your computer.
The cake is a lie.
vinylrake

Re: An additional two stupid questions

Post by vinylrake »

Hula wrote:Myth TFL works excellent now with V 1.5 for OSX. But i was just wondering if you can switch resolution somehow? If i uncheck the "change resolution" box at the start, the game will run at a VERY high resolution, causing the main menu, mission briefing and the movies to be extremely small and compact, otherwise the only options are 640x480.
And one more thing. When playing a single player level the loading scene says: "copying map from CD" and after that is done the map itself begins to load. Is it possible to play Myth TFL without the CD? Or is that the "correct way".
Sorry for these questions, but everyone here is a pro, compared to me. :)
You can't change the resolution of the starting screen, that's a fixed size. So if you uncheck the 'change resolution' box, instead of changing your monitor resolution (temporarily) to the fixed resolution of 48-x640 or 800x600 or whatever the fixed size is so the screen will fill your monitor window, it will draw the startup screen at exactly 640x480 or 600x800 which on a modern monitor is rather tiny.

You CAN change the resolution you see INGAME by going into the options screen and setting the screen resolution to something more appropriate for your monitor's resolution.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.

Post by Avatara »

To play without the CD, choose LARGE INSTALL when installing the game.
(Or copying the files manually as Khadrelt said, but you have to put the files in the right place).
When you do the large install, the only thing you will be missing are the cutscenes. If you want to watch them without the CD, copy the cutscene.gor file from the CD to the tags folder inside the Myth TFL folder.
Hula

Post by Hula »

Great, i will try these things out. Thanks Fellas! :)
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

Never do a "small" installation :)
Hula

Post by Hula »

I get this message when trying to start without the CD : "Myth is unable to locate the Tags .gor file it requires to run. Please reinstall, or put things back where they belong!
I copied the cutscenes. gor in the tags folder. hmm
Hula

Post by Hula »

Never mind, i sorted it all out, i think. But what does the "Uber" file do, should i copy that too?

Post by Avatara »

Hula wrote:Never mind, i sorted it all out, i think. But what does the "Uber" file do, should i copy that too?
You mean Uber.dll? I don't have an idea what it does, but in my install it's located in the main myth folder, together with the Myth_TFL.exe.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

It's the networking library. I believe it's no longer used, since a newer version of the library is built into the Myth TFL itself in newer versions.