Myth 10 Year...

Talk about anything here.
Point

Myth 10 Year...

Post by Point »

Um it would be nice if we had a little action on the front of allowing these old players to return to the game...

magma please put a links link on your main page... linking to playmyth and marius and a direct link to whose playing pages... ( i know playmyths is off and if it doesnt return soon .. I say all should ask that the blue bar on playmyth be changed from saying server reset to go play at marius net!!!)

I put up that link to the program made for flashpoint that would list all fp games being hosted ... can anyone make one similar for myth...

this is a real bad time not to have a place for old mythers to return to and see some peeps actually playing... read the posts on Utube and myspace videos there are myth addicts just waiting to remember the high of dwarfs and ghouls....

step up...
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Anthson

Post by Anthson »

Dude. Awesome, um ... points.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

When exactly is the tenth anniversary?
t o x y n

Post by t o x y n »

november
cyan21

Ahh the good ole days...

Post by cyan21 »

I remember way back when I was 14 years old, and I picked up Myth TFL after reading about it in some magazine I used to subscribe to. This was back before I had 3D acceleration and was playing the game with software emulation, which was horrid to say the least. However the game's mechanics and gameplay overcasted the graphics in such a way that it really didn't bother me. Then I bought a Voodoo 2.. I installed that badboy, started playing, things sorta looked the same, and I thought, hey cool.. Then I went to preferences, checked out the settings and noticed an option for 3Dfx, checked it, and WAMO, the game turned into one of the greatest games I've ever played from that point on. Not just because of the graphics, but because the entire experience it had to offer.

I played that damn game for that entire summer of 97. From the time I woke up, to the time I went to sleep. Quite sad really, but it was that damn addicting. And ohh how I long for the day that I can get back into the swing of things. So yeah, I'd have to agree that something needs to be done with the whole server issue. Why do we need both PlayMyth AND Marius? I can understand it if one has issues, we got the other to fall back on. But as it stands, I can't get into PlayMyth because it says my password/login is incorrect, so I'm screwed there. I can log into Marius np, but there isn't a damn soul to be found.

I am greatful that there are still people around who care as much about the title as I do, and in my humble opinion, Bungie crucified themselves by selling Myth's rights to Take2, because as we all know, Myth is what put Bungie on the map.

So I think the resolution for the time being, until PlayMyth's site is operational again, everyone should revert back to Marius until Blades can get shit going again.
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

The "Myth Links" section on Mariusnet.com should link to ProjectMagma, PlayMyth.net, The Tain, MWC07.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Eddaweaver wrote:The "Myth Links" section on Mariusnet.com should link to ProjectMagma, PlayMyth.net, The Tain, MWC07.
The problem is that two of the four links you suggest are just placeholders for at-this-this-point-in-time non-existent sites.

Links to sites that are down or which aren't really open to the public don't do much to stir up interest imo.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Anthson

Re: Ahh the good ole days...

Post by Anthson »

cyan21 wrote:So I think the resolution for the time being, until PlayMyth's site is operational again, everyone should revert back to Marius until Blades can get shit going again.
That's nice to say and all, but Marius is barren. It takes patience and waiting to find games. Why would anyone want to go there? Playmyth, even though it can't accept new players, is popular because it's popular. It's a cycle that needs shutting down.
cyan21

Yeah..

Post by cyan21 »

That's nice to say and all, but Marius is barren. It takes patience and waiting to find games. Why would anyone want to go there? Playmyth, even though it can't accept new players, is popular because it's popular. It's a cycle that needs shutting down.
Yeah, I realize it's barren, it's pretty much been barren since I found out about it several years ago. So then I found out that PlayMyth is where it's at, created an account a few years ago, played a few games, haven't played much since, and now my accounts don't work. I wish I had played more often, but I was into many other games, mostly MMORPG's. So I guess it's really my own fault that I can't get into the PlayMyth server, but I really wish my accounts, which I presume due to the inactivity for so long, hadn't been "removed" from the database. Ahh well. If only I knew someone that had a spare account (=
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Your account should still work. As far as I know, no accounts were ever removed to due inactivity. There's been a few glitches along the way.

You might want to look on AIM for "PMA Aaron" and see if he can fix you up.
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

vinylrake wrote:
Eddaweaver wrote:The "Myth Links" section on Mariusnet.com should link to ProjectMagma, PlayMyth.net, The Tain, MWC07.
The problem is that two of the four links you suggest are just placeholders for at-this-this-point-in-time non-existent sites.

Links to sites that are down or which aren't really open to the public don't do much to stir up interest imo.
Having novices not knowing they exist and thinking Myth is ded is better? :?:
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Old playmyth accounts still work. Never deleted.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Eddaweaver wrote:
vinylrake wrote:

Having novices not knowing they exist and thinking Myth is ded is better? :?:
If I see a site that says "coming soon" or one that just has a splash page, and it doesn't change in months _I_ tend to think the site is dead.

Obviously I can be wrong, for the better part of a year I assumed the Tain was another of those sites that had a web page but would never actually turn into a real site. I am happy I was wrong on that occassion. I loveses the Tain.

But back to the point - My point was that posting a link to a site that contains NO information about either the state of the Myth community or where to play the game or where to get downloads it isn't going to help people get back into the community.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Anthson

Post by Anthson »

vinylrake wrote:My point was that posting a link to a site that contains NO information about either the state of the Myth community or where to play the game or where to get downloads it isn't going to help people get back into the community.
QFT
Point

Re: Myth 10 Year... SOON

Post by Point »

Point wrote:Um it would be nice if we had a little action on the front of allowing these old players to return to the game...

magma please put a links link on your main page... linking to playmyth and marius and a direct link to whose playing pages... ( i know playmyths is off and if it doesnt return soon .. I say all should ask that the blue bar on playmyth be changed from saying server reset to go play at marius net!!!)

I put up that link to the program made for flashpoint that would list all fp games being hosted ... can anyone make one similar for myth...

this is a real bad time not to have a place for old mythers to return to and see some peeps actually playing... read the posts on Utube and myspace videos there are myth addicts just waiting to remember the high of dwarfs and ghouls....

step up...
SOON... SOON
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.