Melee attack artifacts never vanish? Self-attacks odd?

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Baak

Post by Baak »

ozone wrote:I have it working in SF2...

maybe you want to check my tags out?

---------------------------------------------------

BTW:Medkits and RPGS are scenery in ww2...
Yes, I would really like to see how it's done without scenery. :)

You on the uDogs HL?
Baak

Post by Baak »

Well everyone, after looking at it ALL one more time very carefully - and after trying so many permutations my head is spinning - I finally came up with a SOLUTION that works nicely and is a little different than anything I tried before (though slightly similar):

* Instead of making the Medkit projectile/artifact have a healing attack, I made it convert a Soldier into my own custom "Medic" (not the WWII unit) who has a healing special ability. The difference is: the Soldier only remains a "Medic" for 15 seconds. He can heal himself or a buddy - or both if he's quick - but he has to do so within 15 seconds of picking up the Medkit and he can't drop it.

This works beautifully. :)

Thank you ALL for your excellent help and feedback. Really is nice having such a great group of developers to brainstorm with on-the-fly like this. :D

I wanted to get this puppy out the door tonight for our match tomorrow night, and now I have!

I'm posting v1.0 of "WWII Anywhere" on the OoH Downloads page tonight, and will put an announcement up in the General Discussions forum as well (I have a minor update to ADT and MythWarrior Anywhere too).
Roadwyrm

Post by Roadwyrm »

I had the same issue with artifacts/healling and the ammo # when I created HoC. Originally (years ago) the artifact overrides where more of a bug than a feature that eventually became a feature (it was almost cut out from an update if I recall correctly, which would have messed up half my plugins).
Good to see you got it worked out by useing the change of monster but it would still be interesting to find out why it didnt work the other way. Ill have to mess around with it myself.
Baak

Post by Baak »

Roadwyrm wrote:I had the same issue with artifacts/healling and the ammo # when I created HoC. Originally (years ago) the artifact overrides where more of a bug than a feature that eventually became a feature (it was almost cut out from an update if I recall correctly, which would have messed up half my plugins).
Good to see you got it worked out by useing the change of monster but it would still be interesting to find out why it didnt work the other way. Ill have to mess around with it myself.
Aye, would be nice to see it work the other way - I just finally gave up as the number of hours were ticking by and I was slowly going insane - got to that point where I was wondering if I had set X correctly in combination with Y - was losing it. :)

Do let me know if you get it working! I may try again from scratch with the simple method (the jman root), but not for a bit.