Current Myth Projects String - Please List What your Working On 4 myth

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
point and laugh

Post by point and laugh »

Cobalt 7 wrote:
point and laugh wrote:Well, I've decided that an accurate Vietnam mod for Myth is way too impractical, so I'm currently working on a US-Soviet based war. My idea so far is to start out with something simple like recreating Red Alert, and then I'll probably do something based off of Red Storm Rising.
What were the problems you faced? Units, scripting?

Also, good luck with your Red Alert style'd plug. It would be fun to see a plug in that spiritual successor style with a emphasis on unit combat.
No, the combat in the Vietnam war doesn't work with Myth's style. (Actually, I don't know if any game can truely replicate the Vietnam war.)
Point

P&L aint me...

Post by Point »

Zeph wrote:maybe you should finish AoM and Civilwar before starting a new one :)

P&L is a whole other perp ... Zeph... :) Though CPR vietnam is still on my to do list his idea was a bit grander I think on scale.... CWR is still there I just got back from a long race trip... hopefully time will come available for it...

CWR
CWE
CPR
AOM
wAvA

is all and fini for me.. then its just kicking back and playing.
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Roadwyrm

Post by Roadwyrm »

:) Da Cid (: McCl wrote:Marathon 1 Tagset (unnamed) - A complete port of Marathon 1. I was also hoping to make a few single player levels around the attack on Tau Ceti.

Halo Tagset (unnamed) - The same, but Halo. Maybe some levels on the Fall of Reach.

-TGP-
Hehe, Oogz and I where working on Marathon Red. Had most of the collections ready for it.

Hmmm...Im going to try to get my comp set up to make new unit collections for Renwoods and Oogas new project. I still have like a thousand half made projects laying around here.

HoC is still played allot so that may be the project Id really like to finish (after all these years..lol). Warhammer 40k would be the next project Id get into or finish also.
cyan21

Colosseum of Games

Post by cyan21 »

THIS IS STRICTLY BETA
NEW CLASSES(Units)- Arcanist
Bard
Berserker
Engineer
Executioner
Monk
Paladin
Ranger
Warrior
Wizard

Each of these new units has been re-designed from the ground up. Forget what you knew about the units each is modeled after, aside of course from the obvious i.e. warrior/berserker. The rest have been almost completely altered.

ARCANIST

Arcanists model after the Fetch unit, and are considered lightning-based(no surprise there)wizards. They use the base Fetch attack, however the damage is less consistent than that of a Wizards. This is due to an increase in range between the minimum and maximum damage per cast, much like that of lightning based Sorcerer's in Diablo 2. As a result of a higher maximum possible damage per hit compared to a Wizards Fireball, the AE effect of the spell has been reduced, making it less effective to large unit sizes. Arcanists start off with a faster attack speed than that of the Wizard, however as the Wizard gains experience their increase in attack speed will surpass that of the Arcanist.

Special Ability - Call of Heavens

This attack causes a surge of lightning to reign down upon the chosen target, doing massive damage to the target and to a small radius around him. It also has a secondary effect that will set the ground below the target on fire, causing even more damage. This ability will cost 100% of an Arcanists mana.

Experience Gain -

For each kill the Arcanist tallies, he gains a 4% increase in attack speed, to a maximum of 20% at 5 kills.

BARD

Bards model after the Heron Guard unit. As a result of their limited availability, they are slightly more resistant to most damage types, however they are not invulnerable so keep a close eye on them.

Special Ability - Charm

This ability allows the Bard to convert an enemy unit into an allied unit. There is also an innate chance for all units to resist the effect, with the exception of Bards, and Paladins, who are uncharmable. This ability will use all of the Bards mana.

Experience Gain -

For each kill the Bard tallies, he gains a 20% increase in attack speed, to a maximum of 100% at 5 kills.

BERSERKER

Berserkers model Berserk units from the original game(who woulda guessed?). Berserker's are fearsome, and violent, and as such, require no kills to generate maximum damage output from experience, but instead from the amount of damage they've sustained. However, due to their recklessness, they are more susceptible to damage. This "recklessness" also increases their resistance towards Charm abilities.

Special Ability - Berserk (passive)

Experience Gain -

For each kill the Berserker tallies, he gains a 25% increase in attack speed, to a maximum of 125% at 5 kills.

ENGINEER

Engineers model after the Dwarf unit. Their main attack has been pretty much unaltered, but was given a damage boost due to the increase in hp across the board to all units.

Special Ability - Barrage

This ability unleashes a barrage of ten molatov cocktails in rapid succession. As a result of their rapidity, the accuracy of each bomb has been reduced to give it more of a "carpet bomb" effect. Each Engineer starts with 1 charge.

Experience Gain -

For each kill the Engineer tallies, he gains a 10% increase in attack speed and 25% increased chance to hit, to a maximum of 50%/100% respectively,
at 5 kills.

EXECUTIONER

Executioners model after the Stygian Knight unit. They are the most damaging melee unit per attack, while also having the slowest attack of all units. Their axes are poison tipped, so their attacks can cause paralysis. As a result of this power, they are slow, and fairly susceptible to most damage types, except arrows. Executioners are without remorse or pity, and have a very high resistance toward confusion and charm, and are immune to paralysis.

Special Ability - Execute (passive)

The Executioner has the ability to out-right kill any target in one fell-swoop. This ability is passive, however, the Executioner must maintain combat in order to "recharge" their Execute. Every two normal melee hits gives them the ability to Execute.

Experience Gain -

For each kill the Executioner tallies, he gains a 15% increase in attack speed, to a maximum of 75% at 5 kills.

MONK

Monks model after the Trow unit. These units are capable of hitting 4 times in one round with their base attack. Their secondary attack is a kick that can knock enemies around and inflict heavy damage. Monks also have a high absorbtion factor, making them harder to hit in melee. As a result, they are more susceptible to most attacks, with the exception of arrows and paralysis.

Special Ability - Kick (passive)

Experience Gain -

For each kill the Monk tallies, he gains a 20% increase in attack speed, to a maximum of 100% at 5 kills. This applies to both Punch and Kick.

PALADIN

Paladins model after the Alric unit. These protectors are your only source of healing between skirmishes. They are very tough units, capable of dishing out good damage, and being able to receive quite a bit of damage.

Special Ability - Lay on Hands

This ability will heal a single friendly unit to 100%. Using this ability will cost the Paladin 100% of his mana pool.

Experience Gain -

For each kill the Paladin tallies, he gains a 40% increase in attack speed, to a maximum of 200% at 5 kills.

RANGER

Rangers model after the Bowman unit. Not much has changed except for the removal of flaming arrow.

Special Ability - Guided Arrow

The Guided Arrow ability allows the Ranger to select a single target and potentially kill it with a well placed shot. However, this is not guaranteed to kill the target. Also, due to it's magical properties, the arrow cannot be deflected by explosions or spells. Each Ranger starts with 1 charge.

Experience Gain -

For each kill the Ranger tallies, he gains a 20% increase in attack speed and chance to hit, to a maximum of 100% at 5 kills.

WARRIOR

Warriors model after... the Warrior unit. The only thing that's changed is their ability to take damage.

Special Ability - None

Experience Gain -

For each kill the Warrior tallies, he gains a 40% increase in attack speed, to a maximum of 200% at 5 kills.

WIZARD

Wizards model after the Warlock unit. The Wizard, unlike the Arcanist, is a fire-based range unit. His fireball spell has a more consistent minimum/maximum damage than that of the Arcanist, and also causes more damage to an area per blast. The secondary ability, Ring of Fire, is essentially the same, however it has been given a damage boost due to the increase in hp across the board to all units. Wizards start off with a slower attack speed than that of the Arcanist, however as they gain experience their increase in attack speed will surpass that of the Arcanist.

Special Ability - Ring of Fire

Experience Gain -

For each kill the Wizard tallies, he gains a 15% increase in attack speed, to a maximum of 75% at 5 kills.

GENERAL CHANGES:

All melee units have a 5% innate chance to miss, with the exception of the Berserker, who's chaotic behavior doubles their chance to miss over other units.
All maximum ranges have been increased for the Arcanist, Engineer, Ranger, and Wizard.
All mana for units that use them are hidden from enemy players.

*EDIT*

I have switched file hosts, so hopefully you won't get the popups like before, and the link should work a little better.
Beta download link for Colosseum of Games:
http://www.box.net/shared/dsgubj0mgh

I have also created a single player or coop map that should be quite entertaining. It's called The Assault On Westfront.

Download link for The Assault On Westfront:
http://www.box.net/shared/cb7d8rm7o6

If you would like to provide me any feedback please feel free to PM me.

If you would like to help in testing CoG, please feel free to do so. I would greatly appreciate it.

Enjoy.
Last edited by cyan21 on Tue May 22, 2007 12:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

When I try that link I get this error message:

" Invalid download session. Please initialize download session again. "
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
cyan21

lol, oops

Post by cyan21 »

Sorry about that, lol. I'll fix it pronto.

*EDIT*

Also, you after you click DOWNLOAD, you'll probably have to click "try Download file now", as there seems to be some issue with the download intialization with that site. No biggy really, should work now.
vinylrake

Re: lol, oops

Post by vinylrake »

cyan21 wrote:...Also, you after you click DOWNLOAD, you'll probably have to click "try Download file now", as there seems to be some issue with the download intialization with that site. No biggy really, should work now.
That's one nasty file hosting site. I counted at LEAST two popups.

The link appears fixed as the file downloaded successfully for me - though not automatically (I had to click the 'if your download hasn't completed successfully click here to start the download'.

PS. A Readme in a Beta release? Wow, now there's something you don't see very often.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
cyan21

Post by cyan21 »

I switched hosts Vinyl, so there shouldn't be a problem now, hehe.
t o x y n

Post by t o x y n »

first beta release of my new work of crap: http://m2v.atomicgamer.com/maps/javei_beta01.zip

See the readme for full info. I wrote a quick little story for the levels. Not done yet, but I'd like to get some feedback on everything so far. I plan on adding multiplayer (2team and ffa) meshes in the future when I have more time.
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

cool, tox. I'm liking the solo levels so far. I didn't notice the readme, but now that you mention it here I want to check out your story. sweet to have a story with this!
t o x y n

Post by t o x y n »

thx frum :D

Man I just took a quick peak at the MAs (scripting) for the Veritas mesh to see if the problem with the final battle trigger was what I expected. It was what I expected, but I must've been in outerspace or somethin. I had an ACLI action but all of the MAs its supposed to activate/deactivate are wrong. lol, stupid me. Simple fix, so beta2 shall be released tomorrow night! :o
t o x y n

Post by t o x y n »

new version is up, just made that quick fix for the final battle at the end of Veritas, nothing else...

http://m2v.atomicgamer.com/maps/javei_b2.zip
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

A new version (rc8) of Shiver's Turn is ready for download at The Tain or my uploads folder over at the udogs hotline. Well it is pending at the moment of posting this so it shouldn't be long. And for dialup users there is also an omnipatch from rc7a to rc8 in my udogs uploads folder. There were 34 changes made from version rc7a to rc8 both bug fixes and additions.

Changes in ST from rc7a to rc8:

Teleportation will no longer lose units in between locations and does not require ammo anymore.
Confusion lasts half as much as before. (Instead of 20 seconds it only lasts for 10 seconds.)
The Deceiver uses Inventory to switch between special attacks. (Teleportation and Confusion)
The Deceiver loses his Teleportation attack when Blighted.
The Deceiver is now able to teleport off un-walkable terrain incase the player teleported in one of those areas.
The Deceiver can now teleport to the right location even if there is a wall or hill in the way.
Shiver and Soulighter now have taunt and celebration sounds. (Soulblighter has the same for both.)
Balor's Ghol King will no longer go berserk after healing himself by the dark root.
Soulless Elites no longer attack faster than a Bowmen Hero.
Wraith Elite now moves as fast as a Warlock or Fetch and has it's mana regenerate a bit faster than before.
A group of crows will surround Blighted units for a few seconds. (This will mean these units have been blighted.)
Balor, Soulblighter, The Watcher, and Rabican will no longer detonate a dwarf's or ghol's sats using melee attacks.
Balor's melee attack does about 28.6% less damage than before and can be blocked.
Soulblighter's melee attack does 20% less damage than before and can be blocked.
The Watcher's melee attack does 20% more damage than before and can be blocked.
Rabican's melee attack does 25% more damage than before and can be blocked.
Murgen's melee attack does about 30% more damage than before.
Soulblighter's health has been increased about 18% from what he had before.
Soulblighter regenerates 25% of his health every time he uses Blight. (Except on If Legends Had Twins.)
The Mahir Elite can now regenerate mana faster by attacking.
The Myrmidon Elite's melee attack does consistant damage instead of having a varing range.
The bre'Unor Elite's explosive missle attack does 50% more damage than before.
The Dispersal Dream orb has half as much health as before. (The bre'Unor Elite can blow it up in one shot now.)
The Ghast Elites (the Stampede units) are now 90% more resistant to their Gas Explosion attack.
Team leaders now boost the morale of their ally units by 20 kills in the minimum range a normal warlock can do a fireball.
Planning Time will no longer break the script that gives the players their Stampede units.
All wights will attack when there are 1 minute remaining on Heroic and 2 minutes remaining on Legendary.
Planning Time on "When Legends Battle" map now will activate tips specific to the player's team.
Increased the possibility of Soulblighter's Blight being successful.
Made other player's units have their mana bars hidden.
Fixed a possible Murgen Cloning bug.
The solo level now has a netgame image.
The Ghast Elite in the solo level will constantly regenerate health now.
Added a script into the solo level in which made it impossible to avoid the 3 Trow in Legendary at the end.
t o x y n

Post by t o x y n »

Beta 4 of my project is up...

http://m2v.atomicgamer.com/maps/javei_b4.zip

There are 2 custom multiplayer meshes in this beta. The 'Team Rebellion' mesh won't work with less than 2 players (so dont try to take a sneak peek on your own). Here's some details on how they work:

Team Domination
-Domination is a mix of KOTH & TERRIES
-There are 2 teams on map.
-The goal is KOTH based, the winning team is team with most time.
-There are 3 flags on the map: one in farm, one at mid, one in fort.
-There is a KOTH ball tucked away on hill NW and each team has an uncontrollable spider near ball.
-In order to put time on flag, a team must contest all 3 flags at once. When a team contests all 3 at once, their spider will move to within range of koth ball thus putting time on clock. If they step out of contest range of one of the flags, the spider will move away from ball. Now, if that happens, but the other team's spider isnt near ball (team isnt contesting 3 flags), the other team will still have control of koth ball since the other team's spider hasnt tagged/walked within range.
-Each team has a baron that is uncontrollable and fenced in near start spot.
-If a team lets their baron get killed, they will no longer receive reinforcements.
-Reinforcements spawn at 8:00 and 4:00
-There is no unit trading, each team has matching trades and reinfs.

Team Rebellion
-Two teams on map. One team starts in village, other starts SW
-No unit trading, each team has a different set of units.
-The SE attacking team's goal is to assasinate the king (baron) and the defending team's warlord (fenris)
-The SE attacking team can earn reinforcements by killing innocent peasants that are wandering the city.
-The defending team automatically receives reinforcements if their overall % is below a certain amount.
-Each team has a warlord (attacking team has deceiver, defensive team has Fenris). If a team loses their warlord, they will not receive reinforcements.
-The defending team must fend off the attackers and eliminate them to win.
-The defending team does not have control over baron and it's bodyguards, but there are MAs put in so that they will run/attack when needed.
-Strategy is important for both teams, and there are obviously many different ways to attack and defend the city area.

I got some more 'custom' multiplayer ideas I will be working on to add as well. One of which is a new form of CTF. I also have a suprise mesh to add, something I've wanted to do for a long time. Hopefully I'll have a B5 ready to go by next weekend, busy week for me comin up.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

I'm a little annoyed with myself, as far as mapmaking goes... the last McCoolness project was to be a weighty (yet TFLish in it's straightforwardness) co-op stage about Rabican being defeated by the Watcher.

Cid and I had ourselves a nice mesh, a bunch of backstory written up, and then my music college took away any enthusiasm I had for finishing Myth levels.

The local is still sitting there, two years later, collecting dust. Even now, I was lyrical to Cid about what I had envisioned for the level... however, since Cid is about to start university, I don't see it ever happening.

So I was going to ask; what does one do with an unfinished plug? Upload it for others to tinker with? Trash it? Ha-ha
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em