random speed

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Khadrelt

random speed

Post by Khadrelt »

Is there any way to make a unit have a random base movement speed and a random recovery time? I'm interested in making a unit that has varying movement and attack speeds among its indivuduals. Is it even possible?
The cake is a lie.
gugusm

Post by gugusm »

I don't think so... but I'm not the best in "fearing".
Fury IX

Post by Fury IX »

Could make 10 - 20 duplicate monsters, change their speeds, and random them into the map, thats the only thing I can think of.
Khadrelt

Post by Khadrelt »

Thought of that, but I was hoping there was an easier way. Oh, well, guess not.
The cake is a lie.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

you could make 10 monsters with different speeds AND artefacts that change the basic monster into one of those 10 other.

Put the basic monster and give them random artefacts
cyan21

There's one way...

Post by cyan21 »

Is there any way to make a unit have a random base movement speed and a random recovery time? I'm interested in making a unit that has varying movement and attack speeds among its indivuduals. Is it even possible?
There's one way to give them varying attack speeds. All you have to do is enter the monster tag folder in Fear and check the box under Attacks that says Attack Frequency. If I'm not mistaken, the values refer to those found under Recovery Time, so a 1.000 to 1.500 value would mean that the monster will attack anywhere between 1 seconds time, and 1.5 seconds time.
Khadrelt

Post by Khadrelt »

This randomizes the attacks of each individual unit, yes, but I was thinking more along the lines of a random value that would allow different units to have a consistent attack speed difference. It's the best solution there is right now, though, thanks!
The cake is a lie.
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

randomly give units monster override artifacts.

Edit:

Bah, i only read the last 2 posts, looks like at least 2 other people said this already. But still, create a stack of artifacts, and have them randomly assigned to your units, not that hard really.

If you wanted to make it more automatic/harder to implement. I'm pretty sure you could have a projectile group placed on the map at the start, that detonated, and then use a geom to figure out what items dropped and then give them out. I think thats possible anyway. That way adding more items to the prgr is a fear task not a loathing task.