What ever happened to Myth 40k?

Talk about anything here.
Cobalt 7

Post by Cobalt 7 »

Hey thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it. I've been wondering a for a while now why nobody had made a 40k plug, considering how well Myth worked for it....

What problems did you face while working on the plugin?
I decided to look up in the sky, and lo and behold there was a BoB. I stared at him, and he stared back. There was silence for a great while until he said in a thunderous, booming voice..."Okay, Okay, DON'T Frogblast the ventcore."
Roadwyrm

Post by Roadwyrm »

Well mostley the models. The animations where ok but there wasnt much in the way on sequences. I had models from Dawn Of War and started making a main figure for me to model in Poser...Last I recall I had all the weapons and differant items. I still have the model but I havent really touched Poser for awial now (It was my last and favorite project).

I think what prevented me from comming out with a nice basic WH40k plugin was that I kept wanting it to be better. Also I mistyped befor...I did make the WWII version. At the time that I found "WH40K Heritics" Santas Heads WWII was very popular and fit well with the units so I mostley used his works to make the WH40K units fit better. I had also implemented a chainsaw sound for the chainswords and blending the sepperate units into one collection so that they could pick up differant weapons.

Most of the stuff I was useing is on my mac which isnt here so Im not sure what was left to do. I do have a version here on me that is much like the WWII version but Id like to fix it up befor sending it to the public. The one downfall currently is that the only WH40K unit in the plugin is the Space Marine...in the solo games I used purple ghols to repersent the tyrands..lol.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

I can't believe my eyes....Road is alive!!!
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
Baak

Post by Baak »

carlinho wrote:I can't believe my eyes....Road is alive!!!
Aye! 'Tis sweet!

Dude: I want that gun! I estimate it's fired some 85,050,000 rounds since I first saw it. :D
Roadwyrm

Post by Roadwyrm »

Yeah, just as soon as the smell went away I crawled up out of my grave :P

The gun and unit was actually part of what I had for poser to make the new units...the back ground was a scene from 911 (after I removed the firemen).

Heres a site that has some of the other units I was working on befor I dissipeared:
http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5481656
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Hey Road, welcome back!

sweet units - but you realize that by posting a link to them that means you are now legally obligated to finish them, right?
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Roadwyrm

Post by Roadwyrm »

Most of the ones with a render where for UndeadLegions which OogaBooga and I where working on befor I left. The skeles and Djinn where complete at least.
Unfortuantly one of my drawlbacks is that I no longer have my mac and as far as I know they still havent made a proper unit editor for PC (Amber/Tahoe). OogaBooga was going to have me make new units for his newwest modual but I havent heard back from him but I would be basically making the units and he can do the amber work.
I just hope when I told him to mail the info on the units to me that he didnt send them via postal services, lol.
Horus

Post by Horus »

Fine then don't mention that I was part of the Myth 40k project then...

And don't go posting that old version of that animating sig you made for me either, because the newer one was and still is much nicer!

Roadwyrm

Post by Roadwyrm »

Hey Horus! Great to see ya still around :D
Yeah, I lost all of the sigs I made and had to go looking online for them and only found a few...my mac went boom.
Remind me what you where going to work on with the wh40k project befor I up and dissipeared because I may start it over if I get ahold of another mac :P
Horus

Post by Horus »

Translating 40k into Myth Fearwise was my job.

And I suggest looking in your Udogs folder, all the old sigs should still be there.
Roadwyrm

Post by Roadwyrm »

Horus wrote:Translating 40k into Myth Fearwise was my job.
Oh, good....that was going to be the hard part, you still have that info?
Horus

Post by Horus »

You'd be better off starting from scratch, as the stuff I did wasn't really fun gameplaywise, and was very flawed from a balance perspective.