Myff in dual screen ?

Talk about anything here.
Enculator

Myff in dual screen ?

Post by Enculator »

It it possible ? It would be awesome to have a BIG battelfield

Anthson

Post by Anthson »

The size of the battlefield doesn't change with the size of the screen, does it?
RPatrick

Post by RPatrick »

The size of the battlefield would not change, the benefit would be that you could see more of it without scrolling around. This type of feature is possible but would have to be built into the software/hardware. Note that in Myth you can't see enemy units that are not nearby your own units anyway, so seeing far away is of little value. For Myth style games, this option is really not worth the trouble.

Hey, what is that hard drive doing hanging out of the side of the case ? lol
Khadrelt

Post by Khadrelt »

I don't think you really could see more of the battlefield, though - like when you change resolutions the actual viewable area ingame stays the same; only the status bars and things change.
The cake is a lie.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

I have a Widescreen monitor on my Mac, owned. I CAN SEE FAR AND WIDE.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

The Elfoid wrote:I have a Widescreen monitor on my Mac, owned. I CAN SEE FAR AND WIDE.
I have a really small monitor that I use when playing Myth to simulate viewing things that are really far away. It's sweet!
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Anthson

Post by Anthson »

Khadrelt wrote:I don't think you really could see more of the battlefield, though - like when you change resolutions the actual viewable area ingame stays the same; only the status bars and things change.
Uh huh ...
The Elfoid wrote:I have a Widescreen monitor on my Mac, owned. I CAN SEE FAR AND WIDE.
Which is true?! :?
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Well my game is letterboxed slightly I think (haven't played Myth on my Mac in a while) but it's definitely a bigger picture than a square - it is larger.
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

All that matters is your resolution. If you play 640x480 you see limited battlefield. If you play 1680x1050 like I do you can see about 4x as much as the 640x480 view.

Higher resolutions mean more pixels. But myth units and the map are set pixel sizes. So if your res was 5x1 you would see ..... but if it was 16x1 you would see ................ Clearly you are seeing more of the battlefield.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

I am pretty sure if you zoom out to the max on a 1600x1200 screen and a 640x480 screen with Myth, you would see the same amount of area (but the picture will be larger on 1600x1200) - the maximum zoom out level is the same. On a widescreen monitor, you probably see a bit more, since the view is wider... but not by much.