Duff bomb duds - Duff bomb duds

Talk about anything here.
Woden

Post by Woden »

iron wrote:Heh, no not disappointed - just wondering how many Archers there are out there :)

On smaller maps I usually go with 5-7.
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

I go with 21 if I'm capping desert
Archer

Post by Archer »

None. They're all either Fir'Bolg or Bowmen.

~J
Failure: when your best just isn't good enough.
Sam The Butcher

Post by Sam The Butcher »

Hey, so I have watched a few films and kind of started noticing a pattern. I am wondering if there is something to it in the programming. From watching films it seems to be that most of the duds happen when an oppenent is making a charge for the duff. In some of the films the duds seem to be about normal 10% but as soon as someone charges their oppenent all of a sudden duffs start throwing more duds. Are the bombs being snuffed out because they are flying past units? I have a few films I don't know if you want to sit through them just for a certain part. In one of the films someone else says how he has noticed the same thing. He says something like "Why does it seem like when duffs will do alot of damage or something they throw duds?" I am gonna keep watching for this. Mb does just seem that it happens that way cause the duds that get remembered are the most crucial ones it's still to early to say, but right now it looks like something IS affecting the bombs.
Sam The Butcher

Hey, is there a difference in the chances of a dud if you control click vs clicking on an enemy unit? It does seem so far that control clicking IS apt to more duds. Is it?
Thanks Sam
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

hmm, not quite. There's several ways a bottle can blow up. When it hits the ground or a unit, it has a 3 in 4 chance of exploding (hence a 1 in 4 chance of bouncing). Myth doesn't differentiate between hitting a unit, a tree, a building or the ground. The bottle can also detonate when between 5 and 9 seconds have elapsed, assuming it hasn't blown up already.

When the bottle does detonate, there's a 1 in 10 chance that instead of exploding it duds. That's unaffected by whatever method was used to cause it to detonate.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

Hmm, this is just a wild stab but if in fact bottles are dudding more vs units than the ground then here's something to consider:
When a bottle hits the ground, does it hit it more than once in a single 'bounce'?

It's just that units are sprites which are a bit different to a 3d mesh and I'm wondering if when a bottle hits the ground it registers a hit and bounces, however on the way up Myth may still think it is 'hitting' the mesh because it isn't yet far enough away, and as a result will check for explosion a second time.
As a result the bottle would have a double or more chance of going off on the ground than when hitting a unit.

A shot in the dark, and I don't know how it could be tested easily (unless you can log when a projectile registers an impact) but it might be what we're looking for?
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Well, there really isn't a difference between hitting a sprite or the mesh. Both are a collision in Myth's eyes, and will detonate or bounce the bottle in exactly the same way.
Sam The Butcher

If there isnt anything causing the duds then why is it that THERE ARE more duds when enemies are charging. I have watch quit a few films and most duds Do accure when enemy is attacking. I sat and threw bombs in a game by myself and was about 10% duds but as soon as I get in a game and am being rushed duff starts throwing duds. Is there a chance that they get snuffed out when they hit enemy unit. Cause alot of duds are happening that way. The bomb hits their shins goes out then lands at their feet. I dont know if you want to sit through bunch of films just to watch for a few parts in each but I have some.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

A good test would be to aim bottles at the thrall/maul on Stair of Grief, or the krids on Twice Born. That should give enough samples to indicate whether its an issue or not?
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]From my testings I havent seen an increase or decrease in duds. Though RotD uses modified bottles to act more like TFL bottles, I have had no noticeable issues of duding on incoming units. Even if the unit is closer than the dorf toss range, I can ctrl-attack the ground behind the units and the bottle will smak the unit and detonate.[/color]
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

stair of grief would be a great map to test on with ll the snow and all....

d0ng!
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]
Baron LeDant wrote:stair of grief would be a great map to test on with ll the snow and all....

d0ng!
Doh !!, since the Question appears to be "Are bottles dudding more on incoming units", I think Stair of Grief would work fine. ;op[/color]
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
Gholsbane

Post by Gholsbane »

GHOST® wrote:issues of duding
Dude! You've got issues!
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

::in a lisping voice:: "issues make people angry"

(for any kinds in the hall fans lurking out there)
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net