account already in use

Talk about anything here.
Spaniard

account already in use

Post by Spaniard »

Hey all a problem here,

I am trying to log into mariusnet and it says the account is already in use after i logged out a few minutes before. i have unplugged my internet and everything, still says it is in use, for about 3 hours now. nobody else can be using my account, any ideas? thanks
Anthson

Post by Anthson »

Mariusnet is down. I'm getting the same message on both my accounts.
Baak

Post by Baak »

Yeah, same thing here. Noticed that it showed like 100 players on-line in four rooms but the on-line status (from the site) did not.

Not sure what's up. I'm PM'ing PPE now.
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

Heh. That's happening to me too!

I was about to make a thread!

Edit: I also tried logging in as a guest. That didn't work, saying that there were no active rooms...

:?:
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Yeah, not even guest accounts work... claims there are no more rooms open. Mnet is not letting our accounts go... it feels lonely. :wink:
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Anthson wrote:both my accounts.
O_o

It is having issues. PPE has been notified.

-DA
Horus

Post by Horus »

I knew something like this would happen. And people wonder why I'm against closing PMnet down, and making Mariusnet the sole server... :roll:
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Horus wrote:I knew something like this would happen. And people wonder why I'm against closing PMnet down, and making Mariusnet the sole server... :roll:
...Server down times happens everywhere always.
Horus

Post by Horus »

Death's Avatar wrote:
Horus wrote:I knew something like this would happen. And people wonder why I'm against closing PMnet down, and making Mariusnet the sole server... :roll:
...Server down times happens everywhere always.
Yes it does, but normally when there is two servers you can just switch to the other and keep on trucking until your preference comes back online. Can't do that with a single server.
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

The situation is more complicated and the sole purpose of losing PMnet was not to eliminate redundancy. Both should be up and running full-force soon so its moot anyway.

-DA
Anthson

Post by Anthson »

Horus wrote:Yes it does, but normally when there is two servers you can just switch to the other and keep on trucking until your preference comes back online. Can't do that with a single server.
So all the people that lost Mariusnet just "kept on trucking" at PlayMyth, right? These things are easy for you to say when you've got an account at both places. New players don't have that luxury. I think the call always has been to either fix PMnet (and fix it good) or shut it down. It's the in between that's killing the community. Surely you can see that?

So your solution probably is to fix PMnet. I ask you ... what happens when it runs up against a problem again? Will blades find it within his allotted time to fix things? Will he delegate tech issues to a few other people who can fix problems in his absence?

The overwhelmingly obvious answers to these questions is "no." Recent events only support the argument that PMnet, in its current state, should be shut down. Now obviously if PMnet changes in a lot of positive ways, there'd be no need to take it down, but really that's not what we're talking about. We have no guarantee anything will be fixed and we have even less assurance it will stay that way for any period of time.
Horus

Post by Horus »

[quote=Anthson]So all the people that lost Mariusnet just "kept on trucking" at PlayMyth, right? These things are easy for you to say when you've got an account at both places. New players don't have that luxury. [/quote]

And yet the majority of people aren't new players. New players may not have the luxury, but at least while the preference server is down those people who do have dual accounts can "keep on trucking" until the other server is back up.

[quote=Anthson]So your solution probably is to fix PMnet. I ask you ... what happens when it runs up against a problem again?[/quote]

We find out "IF" it ever happens again, and what Blades's mood is at that point in time.
Anthson

Post by Anthson »

Horus wrote:And yet the majority of people aren't new players.
I'm wondering how biased your view is seeing as you're playing on PMnet. We NEED new people to keep this community going. Otherwise, it's destined to die. When you shut out new people, you do the entire Myth movement an extreme disservice.
Horus wrote:We find out "IF" it ever happens again, and what Blades's mood is at that point in time.
Why is this a good argument for keeping PMnet up? Can you start to see other peoples' points, now? I can see you're arriving at the same thoughts as others, but I'm not sure why you're drawing a different conclusion. As nice as I'm sure Blades is and as much as he's provided to everyone, we cannot keep the entire online Myth community at the mercy of one man. I've managed several onling gaming communities and I'm telling you, I know you have to have a dedicated team of individuals to keep things going smoothly.
AblitERateOR

Post by AblitERateOR »

Anthson wrote:New players don't have that luxury. I think the call always has been to either fix PMnet (and fix it good) or shut it down. It's the in between that's killing the community. Surely you can see that?

So your solution probably is to fix PMnet. I ask you ... what happens when it runs up against a problem again? Will blades find it within his allotted time to fix things? Will he delegate tech issues to a few other people who can fix problems in his absence?

The overwhelmingly obvious answers to these questions is "no." Recent events only support the argument that PMnet, in its current state, should be shut down. Now obviously if PMnet changes in a lot of positive ways, there'd be no need to take it down, but really that's not what we're talking about. We have no guarantee anything will be fixed and we have even less assurance it will stay that way for any period of time.
I'm sorry to spoil your fun, but the overwhelming answers is not "no". It may be on this site, but this site is a small sample of the mything community, and a sample that is a lot more open to ideas than most the community. I guarantee if you went round and surveyed everyone on myth, the majority would be in favour of staying on playmyth.

I cannot understand how you people continually insist that we must change over to mariusnet full, so that the 10 or so new people that have come to myth during the playmyth websites downtime can play with everyone, when such a shift would mean losing probably more than 100 long term players that have proven their dedication to myth.

I dont see how a few new people that havent been able to sign up (keep in mind soon they will) are more important than losing 10 times as many long term players!
Mac OSX 1.4.9
Intel 1.83 Dual Core iMac
1GB RAM
Horus

Post by Horus »

Anthson wrote:we cannot keep the entire online Myth community at the mercy of one man.
That line sounds like a personal vendetta.

Anthson wrote:I've managed several onling gaming communities and I'm telling you, I know you have to have a dedicated team of individuals to keep things going smoothly.
And yet it wasn't until recently that PMnet was run by a Group (the PMAs) - the only reason they haven't been running anything is because their site is broke, and now getting fixed.

Ok lets say the guy who owns the server box Mariusnet runs off of, is hit by a bus, and the server box blows. What happens then?

Your arguements against my opinion are only really worth something if I said something like "we should shut down Mariusnet, and everyone should move to pmnet, and Blades should stop trying to fix the website - Ie so new people can't join period."

When it comes to the Myth Community there has almost always been a backup server for people to go to. A couple of years ago the main server was PMnet, and the backup was Mariusnet.

I am against losing either server.

AblitERateOR wrote:I'm sorry to spoil your fun, but the overwhelming answers is not "no". It may be on this site, but this site is a small sample of the mything community, and a sample that is a lot more open to ideas than most the community. I guarantee if you went round and surveyed everyone on myth, the majority would be in favour of staying on playmyth.
Don't forget ProjMag forums always seems to be the hub for people with Vendettas because of all the M2 1.4 era crap that went on between ProjMag and MythDev.

AblitERateOR wrote:I cannot understand how you people continually insist that we must change over to mariusnet full, so that the 10 or so new people that have come to myth during the playmyth websites downtime can play with everyone, when such a shift would mean losing probably more than 100 long term players that have proven their dedication to myth.

I dont see how a few new people that havent been able to sign up (keep in mind soon they will) are more important than losing 10 times as many long term players!
This is a large part of my opinion too. Shutdown Pmnet, and Myth will suffer worse than it is with the current limbo.