Input problem

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Orlando the Axe

Input problem

Post by Orlando the Axe »

For some reason when I play myth recently my input has been screwing up. When I hold down a button and click (as in shift, control or alt typically), it generally accepts the first click properly but then when I click again it typically doesn't recognize the click unless i let go of the button I've been holding down. If i continue to click a bunch of times it makes an error sound like I'm pressing too many buttons on the keyboard. It makes one sound for every click I do. I tried switching out the keyboard to no avail so I'm not sure whats going on. Anyone have any ideas whats going on or what I can try to fix it? I'm on WinXP for the record.
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

Have you toggled "Use DirectInput" in the Controls Preferences?
Orlando the Axe

yep, doesn't help
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

When I have a similar issues it means my keyboard's batteries are low. You do have the latest update right? You could always reinstall Myth and reupdate it. Sometimes that solves any issue you may recently had but didn't before.
qwerty2

Post by qwerty2 »

I have a similar problem on OS X
what the hell is the pword to my old account?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

OtA posted in the MWC site this incase you haven't read.
Actually I deleted my prefs folder and it seems to have helped... I'll let you know if it happens again.
You should try that before this silly "downgrading".
Orlando the Axe

OK!

I have isolated the cause of this. I only have this problem when I have "run as high priority" selected. No idea why.