Overhead map drawing color

Talk about anything here.

Do you think the color for drawing on the overhead map should be changed to orange, to make it look different from enemy units?

Orange!!!!
67%
I like it RED, like the blood of my enemies...
33%

Total votes: 15

iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

He used that key for other things I guess.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

iron wrote:He used that key for other things I guess.
And he would complain that it was a useless feature seeing as F8 (i think its that one) does the same thing. I don't remember if I explained that F8 doesn't work all that great compared to caps lock. Maybe use the F8 button to toggle the overhead map pen color. Since after the caps lock button no one needs F8.
PrplPplEater

Post by PrplPplEater »

If you're going to mess with it at all, a combination of Doobie & Scratch's ideas would be the best.

When the map loads, it should default to Doobie's idea, then there should be a basic color-picker object (a semi-transparent one next to the map would work) or a hotkey to cycle through 3-7 preset options.
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

I think I was the main one to bitch about capslock. (btw its f10)

The reason being that since my ` key doesn't work in recent versions of myth I had to assign capslock to do it (the only key in that part of the keyboard not already assigned). So now every time I deselect, it looks like I select all my units!

But I can live with it
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Make it so you can draw on the mesh itself ala terrain painting. How cool would that be... a big line on the map, and then a big line on the world itself.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
GizmoHB

Post by GizmoHB »

yea ability to change color for colorblind ppl seems like a good idea,

the first thing that came to mind is to invert the color of the line to whatever the overheads color is (which would create the largest contrast possible, kinda what doobie suggested (but without calculating an average color))...but then I started thinking about those eye tests I had to do once a year when I was younger...isnt there a form of colorblindness where you cant see complimentary colors?

as for all these other suggestions how often do you actually draw on the overhead...?

...Giz
Organ Donor

Post by Organ Donor »

Myrd wrote:Except making a whole new dialog to choose it, and code to handle it is much more work than changing a constant in the code. :(
Why not make it to team color?

or make it the primary color of the player, so we know who the idiot is drawing boobies in the OM. :lol:
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Hehe, well, that could be useful except when you're playing Lichen & the team colour is green. Though if they're drawing boobies that mightn't be so bad afterall.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Anthson

Post by Anthson »

Also, I'd like the amount of pixels you can draw to be bumped up by about double. I find the current amount incredibly insufficient for drawing a proper cock and balls.
Lugas

Post by Lugas »

Anthson wrote:Also, I'd like the amount of pixels you can draw to be bumped up by about double. I find the current amount incredibly insufficient for drawing a proper cock and balls.
Good...because that's a stupid idea.
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.
Anthson

Post by Anthson »

That sarcasm was so thick, you could have spread it on toast.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Anthson wrote:That sarcasm was so thick, you could have spread it on toast.
It sure was... but I wouldn't eat that toast.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Eddaweaver wrote:So for example someone could set their map-drawing colour to be pink and it would display what they've drawn as being pink on other team-mates' maps too?
No. It would be like changing your default color for links in your web browser preferences. e.g. You see whatever color is set in YOUR preferences, other people see what is set in theirs.

When you draw you would see whatever color you set YOUR copy of Myth to use for the overhead map ink color. Other people would see either THEIR overhead map ink color, OR the default ink color if they didn't change it.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.