sup play-myth

Talk about anything here.
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Anthson wrote:And the images tell us something the text didn't?
That he's not done. This Blog-o-matic back thing is interesting...I wonder where he is headed with that...

-DA
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

The Myth III stuff he explained guys...jeez. His plan was to produce a new version of the playmyth site (he said that many times then this uber hack got in the way), and you could view it with three themes. The Myth III one's the one he HAPPENED to furthest ahead on (probably cuz he likes Myth III - they were all gonna be released at once so he probably just picked his favourite to begin with) so he admitted it was gonna end up looking Myth III-ish.

That's the story on the imagery. Plus since Clem's nothing to do with PlayMyth (officially, undercover who knows?) but is officially still in FlyingFlip, I'd guess if his artwork was to be used he might demand it be entered under that name. You know how fiddly Clem can be with copyrighting of stuff.
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

The Elfoid wrote:The Myth III stuff he explained guys...jeez. His plan was to produce a new version of the playmyth site (he said that many times then this uber hack got in the way), and you could view it with three themes. The Myth III one's the one he HAPPENED to furthest ahead on (probably cuz he likes Myth III - they were all gonna be released at once so he probably just picked his favourite to begin with) so he admitted it was gonna end up looking Myth III-ish.
We know that silly, it doesn't mean it alienates myth 2 players any less...

-DA
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Well it means that he's not done this to show his love of Myth III, he just put the site together as fast as possible.

He has the forums archived I heard. So I'll have my elite post count still. It's possible Zappo is dead, leaving me to rule all!
Horus

Post by Horus »

The Elfoid wrote:Plus since Clem's nothing to do with PlayMyth (officially, undercover who knows?) but is officially still in FlyingFlip, I'd guess if his artwork was to be used he might demand it be entered under that name. You know how fiddly Clem can be with copyrighting of stuff.
Clem left FF.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

The Elfoid wrote:Well it means that he's not done this to show his love of Myth III, he just put the site together as fast as possible.
It's probably obvious, so in pointing it out I am just showing off my amazing grasp of the obvious, but unless you have TALKED to Blades personally about his motivations for doing things are, your statement above is JUST A GUESS at what his motivation is. e.g. It's what YOU THINK the graphic means, but you don't KNOW what it means anymore than anyone else here does.

I think that your tendency to speak in authoritative tones about things you are obviously just guessing at is something that annoys some people.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
ozone

Post by ozone »

I guess you can throw the old saying out...you know the one that goes like this:

"any playmyth is better then no playmyth."

ugh its going to be horrible.

:cry:
do it.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Horus wrote:
The Elfoid wrote:Plus since Clem's nothing to do with PlayMyth (officially, undercover who knows?) but is officially still in FlyingFlip, I'd guess if his artwork was to be used he might demand it be entered under that name. You know how fiddly Clem can be with copyrighting of stuff.
Clem left FF.
Then he came back. But FF hasn't done anything in that time, and all they were working on I heard was 1.3.2 which was gonna be a bug fixer. Then Blades was distracted...
It's probably obvious, so in pointing it out I am just showing off my amazing grasp of the obvious, but unless you have TALKED to Blades personally about his motivations for doing things are, your statement above is JUST A GUESS at what his motivation is. e.g. It's what YOU THINK the graphic means, but you don't KNOW what it means anymore than anyone else here does.
Actually he mentioned it in an earlier post on the site. The whole "the site will the Myth III themed because _____" thing.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Perhaps its about time for those who don't play MIII to switch to another server?
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

This pic is worth sharing for those who don't frequent the MWC forums

http://www.mythgaming.net/mwc2007/forum ... 7&start=12
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

hehe yep, though it should say something about excluding n00bs with the demo as well mb ;) After all its much more important to ban ppl than have new folk trying the game.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

I almost had a heart attack... I logged on PMnet today and when I looked at the rooms... the missing The World Knot unrank room is back! And the blue bar has changed to "All new PlayMyth.net web site coming August 1. Don't miss it."

I guess thats a baby step to PMnet being back and running.
Horus

Post by Horus »

Myrd wrote:Perhaps its about time for those who don't play MIII to switch to another server?
Bit of a cracked record aren't you Myrd?
Zappo

Post by Zappo »

The Elfoid wrote:.... It's possible Zappo is dead, leaving me to rule all!

lol

NO I think NOT! I'm not dead, I'm still kicking there ellfy. Good try though and I don't plan on going anywhere on the other side any time soon. hehehehe.

Lets see now...The PlayMyth web page went down on 30 March 2007, came back for a day on 2 April 2007, and here it is 104 days later today. To hear the Grand News of PlayMyth coming back in full on 1 Aug 2007 is a very good thing and that's only 16 days away. Sort of getting tired of looking at all these "X" on the old calendar.

: )
Last edited by Zappo on Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>O< Zappo

"Hold the Line!" [TotS]
"For Honor, For Courage, For Country"
Sum One

Post by Sum One »

Poor ol' Zappy, this time without PlayMyth has really taken a toll on him. Just look! The blue of his text fades more and more with each day of PlayMythlessness.
~S2Hedgehog