Community shrinkage

Talk about anything here.
king paris

Post by king paris »

if playmyth doesn't come back soon, i think myth is gunna have a much swifter death instead of dragging on for the next 100 years.
hey :D
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

Well, 4 nights in a row playing games on Marius.

I'm another voice sayin' let's go play there. As Point said, there are new people there. New people! New people who find games on Marius will stay, and eventually develop competitive skills!

If they find games. So just log onto Marius before pmnet to play. OR -- go to pmnet and announce that you're hosting on mnet and drag people over there with you.

Once I start a game on mnet with a couple people, I have noticed that others who pop on to check on games find my host and join up. I had 8-10 playing last night. One was a returning player after years of absence! His first game back! And others were new, and none of them could play on pmnet.

Not all were new. I wasn't. Point was there. Autumn Demon was there. So it's not pure newbieness going on there.

We gotta let the new ppl and returning ppl play or we dieeeeeee!
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

Frumius wrote: We gotta let the new ppl and returning ppl play or we dieeeeeee!
Aye, it should be our top priority now.
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
Arthim

Post by Arthim »

Tireces wrote:
Than go play on mariusnet.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Frumius wrote:... I had 8-10 playing last night. One was a returning player after years of absence! His first game back! And others were new, and none of them could play on pmnet.

Not all were new. I wasn't. Point was there. Autumn Demon was there. So it's not pure newbieness going on there.

We gotta let the new ppl and returning ppl play or we dieeeeeee!
Dang these pesky timezones, I keep missing the frumius games. I was on marius last night for a while and actually hosted a few games and didn't get a single complaint of LAG!

Definitely agree about the new and returning ppl. Is why I agreed to try hosting even though I only had a modem connection. Actually myff is speedy enough in it's network connections that I've found I can usually host a game with up to 4 players with no LAG problems as long as we aren't using something with tons and tons of projectiles (MMM flare dorfs for ex).
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

Arthim wrote:
Tireces wrote:
Cu on Marius.net tonight then - ill show up after 22:30 PM GMT - hope to catch some games during EU late evenings/ night.
Arthim

Post by Arthim »

Tireces wrote:
Arthim wrote:
Tireces wrote:
Cu on Marius.net tonight then - ill show up after 22:30 PM GMT - hope to catch some games during EU late evenings/ night.
I will be there. Remember to play in unranked so that geusts can join.
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

Hmmm my old password doesnt work somehow ( dementis geriatrix ? hehee ) and I'm still waiting for mail from m.net so ill proly be a guest myself :D
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

Frumius wrote:
I don't know, sounds like a bunch of n00bs to me :P
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

Pyro wrote:I may be wrong but I think some people over at the Nine forums were thinking of setting up a multi-language site designed to get new players informed on how to get Myth and where to go and all that. I wonder if they are still going to do that.
Ok we set some stuff in motion. A version in at least 3-4 languages should show up quite soon if everythingything will go well.
http://www.soulblighter.net/

cheers
Arthim

Post by Arthim »

It still has to be very easy to find, or new players might just pass over it.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Arthim wrote:It still has to be very easy to find, or new players might just pass over it.
Well the site has to be completed before you can even do something about that.... but look at the domain name... soulblighter. I'm sure you could google Myth and that will show up. Not right now though, you have to wait until the site is completed.
Arthim

Post by Arthim »

Maby we could have a tournament to celabrate mnet's rebirth.
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

Arthim wrote:Maby we could have a tournament to celabrate mnet's rebirth.
Yes, and the three of us will place First, Second and Third!

just kidding! :P

Played more last night. Much fun. Won't tonight, tho: it's OøH night and we'll be on pmnet, and it's private & pworded anyway. However, our plans are to move ourselves to mariusnet for our game nights imminently. Nevermind that they'll be pworded, at least we'll be there.

unrelatedly, but that I'm very happy to report, toxyn and I took a very close 2nd in our match today in the ApeAvalanche tournament, vs 5 other teams. We led until the last game! Very fun. Sorry -- pmnet accounts only for this! (which is why we need to get Marius more mainstream).
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

I would be happier to switch if it didnt turn my games red every time i switched back :(