What's left for Myth?

Talk about anything here.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

vinylrake wrote:
The Elfoid wrote:
Roadwyrm wrote:One thing that I always thought would be good is a way for players in lobby to "tell" players in game (or the host) something...and visa versa. Many a time a host is unaware that they have a limit on players, games full and you need to tell a player in there something important, ect ect. Perhapes even a way for us in lobby to see which game a specific player is in.

I also understand that this could have its downfalls such as annoying players yelling in a Mazz game "MAZZ SUX!" and stuff.
You can now check the host, so I imagine checking the players is an achievable thing. To communicate in/out of games though...it gets asked for all the time and it's just never gonna happen.
Probably because of the whole "Lobby is on server" "Game is on host's machine" issue. That's sure not a coding task I would want to volunteer for.
Closest we could hope for would be to addapt MythChat or find a way to open two copies of the game at once so you could be in lobby on one, game on the other. Either method's not practical.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Its possible to make metaserver commands useable from the game lobby, but changes to the metaserver code are needed (not very big changes, though).

The problem is neither mariusnet nor playmyth are in a state where we can coordinate with them so that they make changes to their server, at this time.
feyd

Post by feyd »

Portable myth.
Dio

Post by Dio »

wow...14 pages. No time to read them all.
Feyd wrote:
Portable myth.

Genius.

Other than that Myth is perfect with the exception of when you preset units..I lack the tiny typing fingers to press 2 buttons at the same time to select my units..I would just prefer to hit 1 button or a hot key to select my preset units.
"The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress".
- Joseph Joubert
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Dio wrote:Other than that Myth is perfect with the exception of when you preset units..I lack the tiny typing fingers to press 2 buttons at the same time to select my units..I would just prefer to hit 1 button or a hot key to select my preset units.

You know there is a way for something like that. In my prefs I have my mouse wheel to rotate presets. So I switch to my units by moving my mouse wheel... ta da!
Cobalt 7

Post by Cobalt 7 »

It doesn't work for some mice.
I decided to look up in the sky, and lo and behold there was a BoB. I stared at him, and he stared back. There was silence for a great while until he said in a thunderous, booming voice..."Okay, Okay, DON'T Frogblast the ventcore."
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

I'd like to have Myth either load netgame strings at the time they are selected (pregame) or have them revert to the standard Mytn 2 large tag file values that Myth 2 ships with instead of not refreshing/loading the strings until a game starts.

Programmatically I can understand WHY it does it this way - but it's odd and a little misleading to play one game of Steal the Bacon with a plugin called "Thermonuclear Bacon" then to shut the plugin off and see the next bacon game (sans plugin) listed on my lobby abd pre-game screen as 'Steal the Thermonuclear Bacon'.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
PrplPplEater

Post by PrplPplEater »

Wow, I didn't know it did that, that kinda sucks.... that should be a MUST DO on the fix list.

That list should *always* reflect whatever the CURRENT choices are, not what they are when you click Start.
Dio

Post by Dio »

Thanks Pyro..I will have to try that.
- Joseph Joubert
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

PrplPplEater wrote:Wow, I didn't know it did that, that kinda sucks.... that should be a MUST DO on the fix list.

That list should *always* reflect whatever the CURRENT choices are, not what they are when you click Start.
Yeah, it's a bit odd since the game-type name (probably the only netgame string that displays on the pre-game screen) is always one game 'behind'. In-game the game-type will display as 'Thermonuclear Bacon', but pre-game it's either just 'Bacon' or whatever the last netgame-string-value for 'Steal the Bacon' was.

It's much better now that there is a plugins tag that players can check, but it's a bit odd/confusing for the host.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

I wouldn't worry about that too much, it's pretty obscure... Plus it's always fun to spam the lobby with Vista logo after a rousing game of fetchball!
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

yeah but no-one else knows wtf is going on and it quickly loses its charm
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
Dio

Post by Dio »

Tried using the mouse wheel for scrolling through my presets..I need a one button hotkey. Thanks Pyro.
- Joseph Joubert
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Dio wrote:Tried using the mouse wheel for scrolling through my presets..I need a one button hotkey. Thanks Pyro.
So it worked, and you don't like it? Or it didn't work, so you need a one button hotkey. Why can't people learn to adjust in different games. :?
Dio

Post by Dio »

I can learn to adjust (myth is the only current computer game I am playing) Just when I want ghols with puss to move now..I want them to move now :)
Since I lack the skillz from being too bizzy in my life...I need something simple is all :)
I just made my presets with the ` button..I will see if this helps.

Tried it...just when you have 5 differant presets..I can't scroll that well....big hands and fingers.
- Joseph Joubert