TFL Maps that are NOT in the Magma TFL Pack

Talk about anything here.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Ok Sharp, I'll keep your meshes & captures targets :) That reminds me, I'd better download your plugin...
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

iron wrote:Ok Sharp, I'll keep your meshes & captures targets :)
No I meant I'd rather you ported VRPP again if it meant a better quality outcome.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Eddaweaver wrote:The vTFL Pathfinders are really bad and don't act like TFL Pathfinders. They make VRPP unplayable. To have VRPP in Myth 2 would necessitate a fresh and acurate port of the TFL Pathfinders, which I am not able to do.

Way back in the dark ages, Demontheses (sp?) created a Myth II plugin that replaced M2 dorfs with TFL pathfinders - the plug used to be in the udogs HL server (might still be?). Read about it here:

http://www.mything.org/index.php?a=map- ... 0000001067
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.

Post by Avatara »

Not trying to bother anyone, but is this project still alive? I really miss these maps.
Also, the guys from MWC made a M2 version of Raisin Barn. I was like, "Wow awesome". But then I found that it's not vTFL compatible.
:cry:
king paris

Post by king paris »

its not vTFL compatible because they toyed with it and made some unit settings / ball settings different (i believe).
hey :D
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

The project's still underway, but I've slowed down on it a lot. One of the primary features in 1.7 will be mesh detail layers, which I've been spending much of my spare time on recently.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder

Post by Avatara »

Cool, thanks for the continued effort.
TheHelmet

Post by TheHelmet »

Hey iron, would you have to go back and change anything in the original cmaps, or plugs for the detail texturing to work or are they done completely by the engine itself?

From the info page I'm assuming there are several mesh detail layers and they will be sorted by terrain or something? Or does it use one detail layer for all terrains?
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Detail layers come from 'dmap' tags, each corresponding to an existing color map. Each 'dmap' tag references many 'dtex' tags.

We will be adding a new type of plugin, called an "add-on", that will be restricted to only certain tag types that won't affect gameplay, and these will be completely optional.

One player may have such an "add-on" in his plugin folder, that will add the textures, while another may not, and they will be able to play in the same games.

We will release a texture pack for all the original Bungie maps, and possibly some third party maps, and other players may make their own such texture packs too...
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Myrd wrote:One player may have such an "add-on" in his plugin folder, that will add the textures, while another may not, and they will be able to play in the same games.

We will release a texture pack for all the original Bungie maps, and possibly some third party maps, and other players may make their own such texture packs too...
Sounds a bit voodooish, but if it works that sounds like a nice elegant solution.

Can't wait to see these ingame!
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.