Localised version of the TFL maps

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Pascal 77

Localised version of the TFL maps

Post by Pascal 77 »

In first, excuse me for my bad english. :oops:

I had downloaded yesterday the TFL maps for Myth II under Mac OS X, but my english is not very well, and I have the French version of Myth TFL for Mac OS 9.

My question is : Is it possible to take the localised files since the french CD and put them to replace yours own files (My version of Myth II is in french too, my interest is mainly for the textuals sequences before each level).

I hope you will understand that I want to say.

Thank you
lank

Post by lank »

it should be possible to take the localised texts and produce a local folder or plugin to override the english texts in the fallen levels. i'm not sure what file they'd be contained in, but there should be some tools to find out. are the localised texts in separate files from the english, or are they contained in the main monolithic tags (if you happen to know)?

if they're separate, you might be able to upload them to udog hotline (ask doobie for an account and an upload box) and i or someone else can make a myth 2 override for you, if you don't know how to do it yourself. (just if you rely on me it may take a while, as i'm overburdened by university work at the moment... :) )

good luck!
*toot*
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

Does the Myth TFL 1.5 patch not work with the French TFL?
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

He is referring to the TFL campaign plugin for Myth 2 Edda.
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

I know
Pascal 77

Post by Pascal 77 »

lank wrote:it should be possible to take the localised texts and produce a local folder or plugin to override the english texts in the fallen levels. i'm not sure what file they'd be contained in, but there should be some tools to find out. are the localised texts in separate files from the english, or are they contained in the main monolithic tags (if you happen to know)?

if they're separate, you might be able to upload them to udog hotline (ask doobie for an account and an upload box) and i or someone else can make a myth 2 override for you, if you don't know how to do it yourself. (just if you rely on me it may take a while, as i'm overburdened by university work at the moment... :) )

good luck!
Thank you, I shall try to find the right(s) file(s), and replace the english text by the french. In fact, I think I shall use an hexadecimal editor to do that, and else, I shall be adjudge to reboot my Mac under OS 9 for playing at TFL, I can carry that weight ;)

Thank you for helping.
Orlando the Axe wrote:He is referring to the TFL campaign plugin for Myth 2 Edda.
Yes, until anybody write a Mac OS X release or TFL :D
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

The 1.5 Patch for TFL supports OS X.

You can get it here:

http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/myth-tfl-1-5-mac
Pascal 77

Post by Pascal 77 »

Myrd wrote:The 1.5 Patch for TFL supports OS X.

You can get it here:

http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/myth-tfl-1-5-mac
Thank you, I shall try it at once that I would have one moment (I'm working hard at this time . :? )