Community shrinkage

Talk about anything here.
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

Let us log onto Mariusnet and settle this like men, upon a great 3rd party map and wielding a special tagset. We shall all go, and in one massive festival of mayhem after another spill the blood of others across the Myth landscape until it runs like red sand with blood blackened in the sun beating down upon the corpses of those killed needlessly, uselessly, and futiley -- yet bravely and merrily.
:)
PrplPplEater

Post by PrplPplEater »

Nico wrote:Well there are a few issues I can think of.

1) We should organize a communication campaign towards take2 to put m2 in freeware/abandonware/open source status, so we can distribute the M2 CDs (or rather an updated version of it containing patch 1.6 and server connections). Once this is achieved we can actively promote M2 and spread its goodness !

2) Consolidate Mnet and PMnet... I am sure this could create some sort of religious debate, but with the slim community it would be easier to bring all forces and players together. It would also be easier for the community to support more actively a single server and its services, such as account creation etc.

3) Community needs to do a serious effort welcoming newbs, and accept to tutor/share games with beginners without serving them massive aggravation or closed games with passwords. Let em find home before unleashing the smack/trash talk on them.

Three cheers for Project Magma and your fantastic work on myth... As long as you are alive there is hope !!!

Nico
#2 isn't gonna happen.
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Agreed PPE.

The same affect can be achieved though. How bout we ditch the one that's busted the fuck up?

-DA
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

carlinho wrote:...but whatever, the least I want is you to be pissed off at me now, and by this generate what I was trying to advocate not to do...
:wink:
No off-pissing here. No worries.

Besides "cheap bastard" was the only entertaining part of my post, if I had edited that out it would have been like uh bland and stuff.

Frum I am ready to duke this issue out on the myth field of battle.
(who gets to pick the unit tagset?)
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

Frumius wrote: I've noticed that many people tend to play in the Tourney rooms. It was my understanding that guests and demo players can't see those. In case that's correct, I've been hosting in the regular rooms. I want Myth to seem populated to new people, not empty. I want them coming back.
The tourney rooms track stats and don't require 4 people to start games, so you can track coops for example. They are really the best room to be in. But, as you say, guests can't access them, however, a demo player could if they had an account (which is pretty easy to get). That said, I appreciate the desire to play in crow's bridge for maximum accessibility and that's where I put my autohost when I remember to put it up.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
king paris

Post by king paris »

people should really just invite the people they know that like computer games and old games or mac games. everyone knows people like this, they'll jump on this game. tell em they'll win 1000 dollars for playin in once summer. get em attracted, play on thier team, win with them. fantasy or possibility?
hey :D
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Death's Avatar wrote:Agreed PPE.

The same affect can be achieved though. How bout we ditch the one that's busted the fuck up?

-DA
DA tells us he thinks we should all leave playmyth, for the nine billionth time.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

The Elfoid wrote:DA tells us he thinks we should all leave playmyth, for the nine billionth time.
And Blades tells us PlayMyth will be up in the next 24 hours for the one billionth time. :P (Well, he didn't say anything recently... but you get the point..)
Last edited by Myrd on Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ozone

Post by ozone »

Playmyth users of today...

do it.
Zappo

Post by Zappo »

That's good ozone, hehehehe

: )
>O< Zappo

"Hold the Line!" [TotS]
"For Honor, For Courage, For Country"
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Well Elf, as you may notice, you aren't all leaving playmyth...soooooooo
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Myrd wrote:
The Elfoid wrote:DA tells us he thinks we should all leave playmyth, for the nine billionth time.
And Blades tells us PlayMyth will be up in the next 24 hours for the one billionth time. :P (Well, he didn't say anything recently... but you get the point..)
I think I've checked it about a billion times :(