What's left for Myth?

Talk about anything here.
king paris

Post by king paris »

btw and for the record,

almost all of the times when i click enemy warlocks i see thier mana bars. do I have haXxX?
hey :D
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

I don't think so, Par. Baak had to do something special to the Trebuchet unit just to make that mana bar invisible to non-team mates. He made the treb better in a number of other ways, too.

Man, I love the Trebuchet plugin. ( http://www.orderofhpak.com/OoHDownloads.php , about halfway down the page)
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

It's a mapmaking feature that was introduced in 1.4, I believe.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Yeah, I imagine you couldn't hide a unit's mana bar from the enemy before that mapmaking feature was around. Not only can you hide it from the enemy but you can also hide it from all players including yourself.
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

I've pretty much kept up with this thread, but if this is a repeat I apologize.

I'd like to be able to select multiple people to receive the same PM in the lobby and in pre- and post-game. I know we can select an entire team to PM. This is something we don't have.

If it were done with Mac conventions, to select a contiguous range of people to pm you'd select, for instance, the top player in the list, then hold shift down while clicking on a player further down the list. This would select all in between.

To select non-contiguous players, you'd click on one, and then holding the Cmd key you'd click on subsequent players from anywhere in the lobby or pre/postgame list to add to your selection. This would be for both the lobby and in the pre/postgame.

I suppose you could extend this so that you could buddy more than one at a time, or (heh) wank more than one at once! Or Boot more than one at a time, etc. Whisper sweet nothings to multiple people (for instance, you're playing with your wife online, and your mistress pops into the lobby. The PM they get: "You know I love only you, honey!"). Obviously, it has practically unlimited uses.
Industry

Post by Industry »

Frumius that post was wrong on multiple levels.
If you could get you wife to play Myth with you online why would you need a mistress?
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

Well, let's say you already had a mistress ;) . I don't have one, and my wife doesn't play (she's :roll: about my Mything) but I was thinking of my fellow Mythers, as always. :)

On what other levels what my post off?
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Frumius wrote:Well, let's say you already had a mistress ;) . I don't have one, and my wife doesn't play (she's :roll: about my Mything) but I was thinking of my fellow Mythers, as always. :)

On what other levels what my post off?
I can't imagine the amount of nagging one would receive from ignoring both a wife AND a mistress while one is otherwise occupied playing Myth.

Seriously? Even an accomodating partner who starts out playing Myth with you ends up resenting it when she comes to the realization that you care about the game more than you care about her.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

vinylrake wrote:Seriously? Even an accomodating partner who starts out playing Myth with you ends up resenting it when she comes to the realization that you care about the game more than you care about her.
Not true VR! Souly's girlfriend waited on the sofa for him to take her to a movie while we played an entire Mazz V game. This happened twice.

Now? They're married.
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

The Elfoid wrote:Now? They're married.
Yeah? An' I ain't seen 'im since.

;)

My son was an infant when TFL came out. It was a great excuse! "Hey, honey? I'm in an important battle here... you'll have to change the boy, OK? K, thx."
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

The Elfoid wrote:
vinylrake wrote:Seriously? Even an accomodating partner who starts out playing Myth with you ends up resenting it when she comes to the realization that you care about the game more than you care about her.
Not true VR! Souly's girlfriend waited on the sofa for him to take her to a movie while we played an entire Mazz V game. This happened twice.

Now? They're married.
What Frum said.

Find out how many times his girlfriend waited patiently on the couch WITHOUT nagging for him to finish playing Myth vs how many times she complained or whined/nagged "I want to DO something...when are you going to be done with that game?". Once you have that information then you can come back and continue this conversation.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

That never worked for me. You'd be amazed how fast you can change a diaper when your units are dying though.
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

waywardone played a tourney match on his wedding day.
Dio

Post by Dio »

waywardone played a tourney match on his wedding day.
LOL

My wife and kids are very understanding (my son also plays) Since this is my only vise per say..I don't party like I used to and I am always home with the family...so she could careless. Oh and it helps she is in school 4 nights a week :)
"The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress".
- Joseph Joubert
Khadrelt

Post by Khadrelt »

Myth is what we did at my bachelor party. :wink:
The cake is a lie.