Blades moved to China? play-myth going down?

Talk about anything here.
princepawn-gru

Blades moved to China? play-myth going down?

Post by princepawn-gru »

Sorry to be a rumor mill, but in playmyth.net soon to be defunct because its owner Blades moved to China?

The things you hear in ranked...
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

i heard he was planning a big trip there, but that's all second hand so take with a grain of salt.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

http://elusivemind.net/

Read first blog entry
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Zeph wrote:http://elusivemind.net/

Read first blog entry
What? Click a link and READ something? Dude, are you serious? Like that's WAAAAAY too much effort, no one is going to take the time and effort to go through all that crap just to find out something.

I think I'll just stay here on this webpage and in this one topic, it's got some good information and a few people who seem fun - if I go to a new web page or a new topic these people who already wrote in this topic but who aren't here right now might not know where to find me so they won't write to me if they come back. I really think it's better that I just sit tight.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

ElusiveMind’s Excellent Adventure
Sometimes I get weird looks when I give out my email address. People sometimes wonder... "What's ElusiveMind"? I'd like to take the opportunity to demonstrate and describe just what exactly I mean by this nickname.

I am, what I consider to be, somewhat eccentric, spontaneous and at times unpredictable. This can be good and it can be bad depending on many factors. However I stand before you today to announce that I am about to embark on what may be the grandest, most spectacular and yet wonderfully spontaneous adventure yet.

I am going to China.

Some of you may be thinking "Why China?" Well the cute answer would be for me to say that I wanted to take this one opportunity to get as far as geographically possible away from my ex-wife. And while that is actually a pretty good bonus prize, it is not the reason for the trip. (smile)

Now before I get emails or other forms of communication wondering just what in the hell I'm doing let me attempt to explain myself as much as I feel like explaining. There have been many things I've wanted to do and have wondered about doing in my life. Because I chose to get married and start a family - those desires took their rightful place in the back seat. Now that I'm back on my own I want to explore the places I never thought I'd get to see, do the things I thought I would never get to do and live my life the way it was meant to be lived. By this I mean living boldly and triumphantly and not backing away from things out of fear.

I only wish Laura could join me because there is so much she could learn by expanding her mind outside the bounds of her own country. I learned a lot about the world by living 3 years in Germany with my parents - and although my anecdotal memory of the time spent there is limited, I know for sure it broadened my view of the world. There is so much to be learned through immersing yourself neck deep in the culture of other people and viewing history, times and places from their own vantage point. It's like reaching inside a history book and being able to touch the pages and absorb the knowledge.

I will be first traveling to Guangzhou - which is roughly two hours from Hong Kong. From there I plan to visit Hong Kong and Beijing including the Great Wall of China, Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City. I'll be taking my camera and will have a ton of pictures and stories to tell when I return. I'd like to be able to update my blog while I am in the country, but I am not sure if I'll be able to. I'll know more about that soon.

I'll talk more about the things I'll be doing and the people I'll be meeting in future entries. Right now my anxiety level is through the roof as I am too excited for words about this opportunity!
Asshat :)
PrplPplEater

Post by PrplPplEater »

Nice, sounds like a fun vacation.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Zeph wrote:ElusiveMind’s Excellent Adventure
Asshat :)
'Asshat' is such an odd expression. When you call me 'asshat' the image that springs to mind is my ass functioning as your hat. Which is quite an unpleasant image I will admit, but I am not sure why that is an insult. I assume it's slang for something?

ps. China does sound like a fun vacation.

pps. Even if the rumor WAS true that Blades was moving to China why would that mean PM wasn't ever going to see the light of day? From what I hear, they have the internet in China these days.
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

vinylrake wrote: pps. Even if the rumor WAS true that Blades was moving to China why would that mean PM wasn't ever going to see the light of day? From what I hear, they have the internet in China these days.
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

vinylrake wrote: pps. Even if the rumor WAS true that Blades was moving to China why would that mean PM wasn't ever going to see the light of day? From what I hear, they have the internet in China these days.
No, no Vinyl it isnt so - they had internet ( and proly Myth ) there few thousands years before Europe ( hmm or maybe it was gunpowder ;) ;) ) :P
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
Anthson

Post by Anthson »

I think this officially spells the end of any possible progress on PMnet.
PrplPplEater

Post by PrplPplEater »

why would a vacation kill it?

He said he's going there, not moving there :p
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

PrplPplEater wrote:why would a vacation kill it?

He said he's going there, not moving there :p
So as long as PlayMyth is back up before he leaves everything should be fine.
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

how do you know he isn't there already, we haven't heard from him in over a month, and that post itself is 2 weeks old.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

Eddaweaver wrote:
"Every Website is BLOCKED! 08-09-2007

This site is BOGUS. Even cctv.com (Chinese Central Television), the Chinese Embassy in the US, and the Government of Hong Kong were listed as blocked. Either fix this problem or take this website offline.
"
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

lol

I tested PlayMyth.net on that website when it first appeared and it showed it as being blocked back then. So unless it never worked....