7th Dwarf special item

Talk about anything here.
Zeph

7th Dwarf special item

Post by Zeph »

I am starting a thread because I need ideas to design a special item that will be featured in 7th dorf! The idea is simple, post your ideas here and I will pick the best :)

Here are the ones I have so far

Mandrake Roots (Simply heals yourself)
Boots of speed(Lets you walk around faster)
Timestop crystal(Stuns most if not all enemies/friends around)
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

remote mines - drop a bomb then taunt to explode it
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

1) An item that can give you a short time of invisibility.

2) An item that would let you deflect arrows the way Thell do. Mb a little circular duff-size shield (like in my signature! ;) ).

3) An item that lets a duff throw dud bottles deliberately (ghols could pick 'em up)

4) A little bag of roots that only he can carry and open, so he can give them give to a Jman.
Cobalt 7

Post by Cobalt 7 »

1) A Explosive which travels backwards towards the players, and works best when confined into a tight space.

2) 100 Proof Crate. A rolling barrel, is affected by the terrain, and rolls down hills upon placement. Explodes on contact with the enemy, with a slight chance to just hit an enemy and stun them, and deflect down the hill. If it misses or "duds", it can be set off with fire, fetch lightning, wights, pus, or explosives. Has a large impact, slighly random shape, causes the ground around it to set fire, and stuns units in the blast range which aren't destroyed. Blast range the size of a wight.
I decided to look up in the sky, and lo and behold there was a BoB. I stared at him, and he stared back. There was silence for a great while until he said in a thunderous, booming voice..."Okay, Okay, DON'T Frogblast the ventcore."
Dio

Post by Dio »

I sure this doesn't fit..but I always wanted sats that could be buried..so in multi..they didn't know what they were walking on.
"The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress".
- Joseph Joubert
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

I remind you this is for 7th dorf :)

Nice suggestions
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

Claymores
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

Dio wrote:sats that could be buried...
Might not be the same thing you mean, but minelayers can lay mines that turn into nearly invisible specks.
Baron LeDant wrote:Claymores
The sword? Or the things that go boom?
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

boomy version
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

jetpacks.
Dio

Post by Dio »

jetpacks.
Wow..a Boba Fett Dorf. I still say the best dorf ever made was the snowball throwing dorfs from Idiot Christmas. I think there was a pumpkin thrower in a plug as well.

As far as being creative...I know nothing about changing units and their boundries. I thought making a TFL plug was easier than an M2 plug. I am just along for the ride and see what you guys come up with.

Trip wire claymores Dante? :D You could outline them all around your flag! :twisted:
- Joseph Joubert
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

Nah just remote, you taunt or something and it makes a 1 bit thrall a 100 bit thrall
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Dio wrote:
jetpacks.
Wow..a Boba Fett Dorf. I still say the best dorf ever made was the snowball throwing dorfs from Idiot Christmas. I think there was a pumpkin thrower in a plug as well.
Sounds like you might be thinking of the Very Idiot Halloween map, which features dorfs that throw _flaming_ pumpkins at each other.
Dio wrote:As far as being creative...I know nothing about changing units and their boundries. I thought making a TFL plug was easier than an M2 plug.
my understanding is that it's WAY easier to make things for M2 than for M1.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Dio

Post by Dio »

TFL was just basically scripting..changing numbers and letters..I have tried making M2 maps..and I just get things screwed up. It may be easier for some ppl. My problem has always been that simple things tend to screw me up. Similiar to a noob chess player, they have a better shot at beating me than an experienced player.
- Joseph Joubert
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Dio wrote:TFL was just basically scripting..changing numbers and letters..I have tried making M2 maps..and I just get things screwed up. It may be easier for some ppl. My problem has always been that simple things tend to screw me up. Similiar to a noob chess player, they have a better shot at beating me than an experienced player.
I can't imagine what anyone could say that would convince me that hex-editing is easier than using M2 tools. But that's just me, I no longer think in base 16.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.