Play-myth and FlyingFlip are CLOSED.

Talk about anything here.
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

mythhitler wrote:It's you guys game now, as it has been for quite a while. He's gone. He's no longer here for you all to miss-direct your failures and problems onto.

Enjoy the bed you've all made for yourselves.
Dood, the bed is far more comfortable now. Far more comfortable. Even the rank h00rs agree, and they dug their heels in before switching. It is awesome!

Finally some stability.
Conner

Post by Conner »

Frumius wrote: Dood, the bed is far more comfortable now. Far more comfortable. Even the rank h00rs agree, and they dug their heels in before switching. It is awesome!

Finally some stability.
oh, the rank h00rs will start complaining about the ranking system soon enough. I'll be the first to admit it has it's flaws, heh.
Horus

Post by Horus »

I'd prefer to complain about the lack of a Faq for the Clans options Mariusnet has...
lank

Post by lank »

clem wrote:It's his own personal site, and he uses it for some business related promotion and things. It's not a Myth site. He can do whatever he wants there. Live with it.

By doobies own admission you guys now have everything you've wanted. MariusNet 2, TheTain, Myth 1.7.

Now the bitch dejour is Blades only posting comments he approves of on his own personal site.

It's you guys game now, as it has been for quite a while. He's gone. He's no longer here for you all to miss-direct your failures and problems onto.
why the need to write under a pseudo-pseudonym, clem? it just looks silly, imho.

the only thing i feel any need or desire to repeat of what people have already said is that there's no good reason for blades not to redirect plamyth to mariusnet, or at least post some information for those who might not know that mariusnet is where to get your myth multiplayer fix.

i know he has no great love of the myth community, least of all some of the folks here at magma, but it just doesn't make sense for someone who has hosted a myth metaserver for so long (worth no small amount of gratitude for that, at least) to not do such a simple thing that costs him such a little bit of effort once and then never again.

i guess it just seems unnecessarily vindictive, that's all. maybe you know him better than i do, but he seems to have that kind of grudge-holding streak in his nature, from what i've seen. i can not understand that kind of behaviour towards something that poses no actual threat.
Enjoy the bed you've all made for yourselves.
really, what's not to enjoy about it? why not just come out and say what you think is wrong, rather than make snide insinuations? is it really worth the bitterness?
*toot*
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

What's wrong is that clem hasn't yet come back to "wield the reins" of the myth community once more. Oh please clem, save us from ourselves I beg you!
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Clem, you've got a bad Nazi obsession.

Why the hell do you always follow Blades' latest rants with another round of bullshit spewing forth?

You hate myth, disdain other mapmakers and are an annoying fuck.

No one wants you here, no one needs to hear ANYTHING you've got to say.

Go the fuck away, loser.

edit: oops, didn't know the swear word filter wouldn't filter :oops:
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

Back to happier things!

MLB playoff action kicks off again tomorrow! I hear Vladamir Guerrero will be back at his rightful position in right field when the Angels take on the Red Sox in the second game of this best of 5 series, starting at 8:05 Eastern, 5:05 Pacific!
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

OtA, on that note, you might wanna start producing these to go with your shirts: http://www.nflnut.com/store/media/IndiansGoTribeTie.JPG
:)
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

lock this thread already. Blades deserves no more gratitude. He's had his share of compliments.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

lank wrote: the only thing i feel any need or desire to repeat of what people have already said is that there's no good reason for blades not to redirect plamyth to mariusnet, or at least post some information for those who might not know that mariusnet is where to get your myth multiplayer fix.
Given past issues between various people affiliated with the two myth game servers (ignoring the fact that mariusnet is under new management so this rationally, reasonably, logically SHOULDN'T be an issue any more) I wouldn't expect Blades to post a link to mariusnet.

What I thought would be a nice 'gl' to the myth community would have been a link to ANY current myth community site (magma,tain,whatever) so that returning players would have SOME idea where to find people still playing the game.

Not posting ANYTHING about the fact that the community is still active, that there are OTHER sites other than playmyth, that the community existed of places other than PlayMyth and that the community will go on without him or his site, feels more like an big hearty egotistical FU than a friendly or even a neutral goodbye.

But then again, why I would expect the departure of one of the myth community's most divisive personalities to be any different than his presence while he was here is beyond me.

If mythhitler really is Clem, I am sorry to hear that. Clem made some amazing maps, wrote a GREAT colormap tutorial, and presided over an order that had just a phenomenal level of output of really high quality myth maps. Regardless of how people feel personally about him, he has been pretty much a legend in the myth (mapmaking) community. To hear that he quit the community but still feels some obsessive need to come back and snipe or gloat when something like playmyth shutting down happens just feels petty and vindictive. I feel sad that someone is that negatively obsessed about a computer game, but it definitely helps dispel or balance out any residual goodwill or slack people might be willing to grant him because of his previous (substantial) contributions to the community.

And of course if mythhitler is not Clem, but is just some account dummying attention h00r, dude - go find another anthill to stir up, I am sure you can find some alternative place where you can get a bigger reaction.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Horus

Post by Horus »

Has anyone considered offering to buy the Pmnet domain name not the server because Blades still uses that for his blog, and other sites ("oh wow no wonder he didn't sell his server to those that offered to buy it"), and turning it into a link site to all the current Myth sites?

Note - The quotes bit is intended to be sarcastic.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Oh man I've been waiting for this day.

What's with the insane attitude that ol' Blades deserved/deserves respect?? Haw-haw!! He was just a collossal troublemaker and giant douche - he skullfucked this damn community so many times it's not funny. And it's not like he had his site running for so long because he gave a shit or anything; he just did that because cock-stroking expended too much energy and he needed another way to feel special.

I am personally glad I ate so much of his bandwidth up and never had to pay for it. It would've been different if he was an okay guy, but with one hand he dealed out a free Myth server with jerk-off admins, and with the other hand he did nothing but emarrass himself by doing some of the most surely stupid things in Myth's 10 year history.

Anyway, good to see Myth back where it belongs, even if I never play the damn thing anymore.

PS. Is that *really* Stufflebean posting here?? Good grief! Nice of him to pop down to the slums to say hi, eh?