Delete off map units in loathing

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Zeph

Delete off map units in loathing

Post by Zeph »

I have about 100 units that I placed off map by mistake.

I dont want to delete unit definition because I have about 800 already placed units of the same kinds placed around the map. It would suck to redo that again...

Is there a way to delete those units ?
gugusm

Post by gugusm »

How did you placed your units?

I'm asking, because I had similar problem once, I placed one unit and set it very high above the mesh accidentally and I just couldn't select it. If you did the same thing, you can try to lower your mesh in this area, so these units may become visible and selectable. I don't know if there's another way to delete units...
Addode

Post by Addode »

maybe try importing a bigger colour map?
i haven't tried it but it's an idea
.....Gamer Tec.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

I don't suppose you put them in the script before they got moved there? If you did, you can double-click on a monster in a subj or obje or whatever, and actually edit its location from within the map action.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

I decided to replace all units and the map works perfectly, yeh another Sf2 coop :P

ARed's idea might have worked, though there was 1000 units in that subj list and finding the bad 100 would have been quite long hehehe.

How I placed them is with a duplicate of 500 units and then moving them. The platoon is so large that for some reason, when i started moving them all at once, it wasnt centered and a bunch of them clumped off map
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

Zeph wrote:yeh another Sf2 coop :P
You know, some of us haven't played any of them yet. it's amazing how much 4th-party development there is already for SF2 maps, given that SF2 itself is still in progress.
Zeph wrote:ARed's idea might have worked, though there was 1000 units in that subj list and finding the bad 100 would have been quite long hehehe.
Wow. Can a subject list really handle that many subjects? I've never tried much more than a hundred in one action. I guess they wouldn't all be visible at once though...
gugusm

Post by gugusm »

A-Red wrote:
Zeph wrote:ARed's idea might have worked, though there was 1000 units in that subj list and finding the bad 100 would have been quite long hehehe.
Wow. Can a subject list really handle that many subjects? I've never tried much more than a hundred in one action. I guess they wouldn't all be visible at once though...
Yeah, I think something screws up if you have more than 128/256(?) subjectsin a list.
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

You could expand the map borders in loathing.