Regarding Dream of Death

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Gleep

Regarding Dream of Death

Post by Gleep »

Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone still plays DoD much even though it isn't exactly finished. I just started playing Myth a bit more and decided to work on my never-ending map again.

Does anyone have any ideas, suggestions, or bugs to report about it. I's been awhile since I last played it with a group so I can't remember what all was left to work out on it, but I have changed a few things for the next beta and hopefully I can release it soon and people won't have to worry about which beta to get. I'll probably dump the mazz version and just have the regular dod and dod(dark).

Any comments are appreciated whether good or bad, heh.

Thanks
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

Well back to work on it after playing myth again. New patch will be up soon at hl.udogs.net in my folder. I hope ppl play and gimme some feedback so I can finalize this map and move on to different ideas I've had.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

If only there was enough people I would Gleepy
rabican

Post by rabican »

Well , lets see.

bugs :

Long range healing yourself wtih hgh doesnt consume charges.
Small sword unpickable by anyone as far as i remember.
Peasants sometimes throw crap that cant be picked up with units available (ie, they never throw lib orbs unless 4+ players but they do throw strider crys or whatever those yellows were)
Not sure if its bug but Zealot half mana heals are highly abusable.

Suggestions :
The number of players deciding what units to get system is just plain annoying. Hell, we play this while logged on with 2 computers just to get extra units :/
There are looooong lull times when nothing happens after iron thralls to teh end.
Watcher sometimes does practically nothing but melee and sometimes he throws 5 hellfires in a row. Still too easy, though.
Those semi boss , priests vampires and thingmajings , yeah those. More of those on higher difficulties :/

Only played maybe 5 games in last half an year so dont can't thing anything else right now.
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

Thank you Rabican for the feedback. Good news about the next release will be that all units will be available and if you don't want to handle all of them at start you can taunt them away and them taunt them back later with Mazz.