On Halo Wars, RTS games, and sucking

Talk about anything here.
Bladetooth

On Halo Wars, RTS games, and sucking

Post by Bladetooth »

Is there any hope that Ensemble has played Myth, or are they just going to make an AoE knockoff?
rifthead

Post by rifthead »

I think odds are good it'll be like myth, because Halo was originally planned to be a myth style tactics game before it became a first person shooter. Hopefully they're just making it using the original design documents.
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

what exactly are we talking about?
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Zeph

Post by Zeph »

360 exclusive.
Point

well

Post by Point »

if its xbox 360 only then who really cares.... Not me I haven't been into console stuff and dont plan to be... the closest ive come to Console game systems was at oogas house I think he has every console system ever made. ;)

im sure it will look cool however they do it though since im probably only gonna see movies of it so game play whatever...

now that im back on a mac... the only game is myth... lol..
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Bladetooth

Post by Bladetooth »

The part that worries me is that, instead of it being a Bungie launched project, Ensemble started making the game and THEN took it to Bungie; essentially saying “Ooh, look at how cool our game is! Can we be your friend now and borrow your IP?”. Naturally, I’ve got no idea what this means for its Mythiness.
Bladetooth

Re: well

Post by Bladetooth »

Point wrote:if its xbox 360 only then who really cares.... Not me I haven't been into console stuff and dont plan to be... the closest ive come to Console game systems was at oogas house I think he has every console system ever made. ;)

im sure it will look cool however they do it though since im probably only gonna see movies of it so game play whatever...

Are you telling me that you wouldn’t get a console to play a new version of Myth? Not that Halo Wars is necessarily anything like that...
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

Bladetooth wrote:Are you telling me that you wouldn’t get a console to play a new version of Myth? Not that Halo Wars is necessarily anything like that...
I'll tell you that right here: I would not get a console to play any form of Myth.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Halo wars RTS will suck balls, because

A. players have to move the entire screen with a central recticle over units to controll or move them.

B. looks like its only got cookie cutter non-interactive physics

C.its not made by bungie in any way.

Teehee can Halo have Mythyness? i wonder...real FPS halo is very physics based...so maybe it can..hmmmm

-Ren
Persica purnus constans dum orbis exustio. Exsequor exequor!
Point

Post by Point »

Bladetooth wrote:
Point wrote:if its xbox 360 only then who really cares.... Not me I haven't been into console stuff and dont plan to be... the closest ive come to Console game systems was at oogas house I think he has every console system ever made. ;)

Are you telling me that you wouldn’t get a console to play a new version of Myth? Not that Halo Wars is necessarily anything like that...
if was going to get a console I would play halo I wouldnt need a new myth version.. I just dont have the time for a gaming system in my life... I dont even have time in my life to watch tv... I play myth while doing other stuff I make myth stuff while doing other stuff... its good simple fast diversions from the must do's in life. thousands of cool games have come out since myth ... I have dabbled in a few the truth is the cool ones take too much time to play... a myth game (mazz excepted) can be over and done with, fun had in less than ten minutes viva la KOTH...

I will get a console when I retire and or married with a bunch of kids then I might have the down time.
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Frumius wrote:
Bladetooth wrote:Are you telling me that you wouldn’t get a console to play a new version of Myth? Not that Halo Wars is necessarily anything like that...
I'll tell you that right here: I would not get a console to play any form of Myth.
I might purchase a console to play "Myth X: Still not Myst". But the only way I can imagine a console working with the user interface complexities of Myth would be one with a gesture controller (wii) and a whole hella lotta function keys.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Khadrelt

Post by Khadrelt »

Point wrote:I will get a console when I retire and or married with a bunch of kids then I might have the down time.
Married with bunch of kids=less down time than ever before. :wink:
The cake is a lie.
Point

Post by Point »

Khadrelt wrote:
Point wrote:I will get a console when I retire and or married with a bunch of kids then I might have the down time.
Married with bunch of kids=less down time than ever before. :wink:
well i'd have to buy the kids one and of course play with them.. ;)
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

They have keyboard and mouse combos for x box and 360.
only way to play myth is with keyboard/mouse.

-ren
Persica purnus constans dum orbis exustio. Exsequor exequor!