Whirlwind attack?

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Bladetooth

Whirlwind attack?

Post by Bladetooth »

I’m no mapmaker, but I thought it would be a really cool idea for something like a warlock to cast a spell that picks up whatever random objects are on the ground in a targeted circle, and starts spinning them around the center of the circle. Any unit stuck in the circle when the spell is cast may get peppered by these random objects and get killed!

Is this sort of attack even plausible? I’m sure that IF you could get the projectiles to move in a convenient circle, this could be done, but that’s a big IF. A larger, more epic version of this idea could be used as an environmental effect, to simulate a hurricane or tornado. Imagine casting out a tornado at the Dark’s army, with a spinning cloud collecting projectiles and spinning them at violent speed into the enemy, whose corpses in turn become part of the attack! Sounds Avatara worthy to me.
Renwood

Heres what you want!

Post by Renwood »

Download the TWA tagset (Our farewell b39)
and Download CBI.zip as well

unzip them both and put them in your plugins folder.
turn CBI on and our farewell b39 at the same time.

Play twice born. and most other levels with alric this will work as well.

Arlic will turn into the new Watcher unit.

Hes all kinds of fucking crazy magical.

use his inventory and try out things hes got a sucks up shrapnel and things on ground attack and many other really cool things to do with physics based attacks.

go the the link below:

http://myth4thewindage.com/xml/files?si ... 5d844197da

-Renwood
Persica purnus constans dum orbis exustio. Exsequor exequor!
oogaBooga

wow

Post by oogaBooga »

Holy god, that is an UNCANNY freaking guess. You sir should help me come up with fear ideas.

The idea you mention however, was created and perfected by yours truly a long while ago (think heroes of coop beta 2, undead legions 1), and the watcher's current spell - "Super Vortex" (working name:P) lasts exactly nineteen minutes (the longest number a lifespan for a projectile will exist) and does EXACTLY WHAT YOU DESCRIBE: What's more, is there is a "Vortex Purge" attack that lets you create a floating version that flies towards the enemies, and is more powerful than the original.

the effect becomes - the debris gets sucked into the more powerful vortex and is devastatingly hurled at an enemy.

You have no idea how powerful ORDINARY MYTH SHRAPNEL is in this attack. It is like a blender of death.

Needless to say, the watcher will most definitely kick your ass with it in TWA.

I love how the mind of the average myther works - its guys like you bladetooth that are the reason myth is still popular - the cerebral games are a dying breed.
Bladetooth

Re: wow

Post by Bladetooth »

oogaBooga wrote:Holy god, that is an UNCANNY freaking guess. You sir should help me come up with fear ideas.

The idea you mention however, was created and perfected by yours truly a long while ago ... and does EXACTLY WHAT YOU DESCRIBE.

the effect becomes - the debris gets sucked into the more powerful vortex and is devastatingly hurled at an enemy.

You have no idea how powerful ORDINARY MYTH SHRAPNEL is in this attack. It is like a blender of death.
I had no idea that it was even plausible, much less actually implemented. I can’t imagine what else I could contribute, but we can certainly talk on mariusnet about it. I got the idea while editing the wikipedia entry on Myth.
oogaBooga wrote: I love how the mind of the average myther works - its guys like you bladetooth that are the reason myth is still popular - the cerebral games are a dying breed.
It was just a stupid idea, I swear it’s not my fault! :P On a more serious note, I’ll be happy to discuss this stuff the next time I see you.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

My fetch hero has this attack in Heroes of Haxors 1 and 2
http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/h ... f-haxors-2

Ghol Shamans in myth III also have a similar attack.

Cu'roi in War of Reckoning has a tornado attack that pretty much does what you said.

I have no link for WoR, anyone?