http://myth4thewindage.com HAS GONE LIVE!

Talk about anything here.
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

I am going back and killing all my posts (cept these explaining why) in the hopes that others will do the same. If not, no big deal, but I bet you if me, ren, and horus' posts all disappeared the thread would be a LOT smaller.

-ooga
Last edited by oogaBooga on Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Yea many respectable people are being nice and want this thread to end or are asking me to shut the fuck up ~8^) so my last post this will be.

Lets not be like people on the Titanic trying to kill each other while the entire ship is sinking anyways.

And TFV Has a very cool team made up of some of the highest skilled people to ever play myth, TFV is cool in my book. just horus and i dont like each other.
And thats fine myth isnt about evreybody loving each other.
Kill your friends, kill your enemies kill your friend's enemies.

rake forgive ooga, he didnt get the tone of your last few posts.

Here are some links to cool myth stuff made by evreybody in the entire myth commmunity!

http://mythaddict.atvcowboy.com/?projec ... fac55475c1

http://onyxwarlords.com/thefallensvengeance/

http://carlinho7.tripod.com/id4.html

http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20User%20Uploads/

http://myth4thewindage.com/xml/

Gee if only we could get All of these works finished at some point and get them all on 1 Disc.

1.7 Packed with features for creators.
SF2
Carlinho's Greek campains and other works.
TFV.
Laws Of Evil.
Fury's HeroQuest and Throncastle.
Road's Heros Of CooP
Jagman's Myth+
Point's CWR
Myth pfhor The Wind Age
and a new batch of ported TFL maps.

I think all this would keep us having fun blowing shit up and hacking things to death for a WHILE. Could even bring in a ton of new people drawn to the epic amounts of new carnage and destruction to be had in the best combat game EVER!

Now i will shove a peach in my mouth not post on this thread.
Ive got all new exsplosion sprites to work on!

Master Of Peachieness

-Renwood
Persica purnus constans dum orbis exustio. Exsequor exequor!
:) Da Cid (: McCl

Post by :) Da Cid (: McCl »

oogaBooga wrote:DRAMA-B-GON(tm)
How amazingly convenient.

A-Red, I wasn't really bashing TFV itself, just the attitudes which some of your friends are showing. I know how much effort goes into a campaign.

-TGP-
Having fun with poser horses and pasted-on Warrior torsos since 1990!™
ditwidget

Post by ditwidget »

And I heard him exclaim as he rode out of sight, "Merry Christmas to all
and to all a good night!" :D
Horus

Post by Horus »

:) Da Cid (: McCl wrote:"Oooh I'm a GRAND AUTHOR", "The skill going into this project is beyond that which goes into other RANDOM plugins".
Since when did I say anything about skill? I can see a number of posts that say I have no skill, but beyond that... fuck I didn't even bring up the fact my banner says Grand Author, that was WW.
:) Da Cid (: McCl wrote:The Fallen's Vengeance is right up there in the "stop kidding yourselves" category for me. Stop acting like you're the second coming and you're making some god-like campaign that everyone will fawn over.
What the?

First off I didn't bring TFV into this thread, Ren did. I responded because of insinuations that the TFV team are idiots for wanting of their own free will to work on it (because it is apparently a stupid project, with lame story etc).
:) Da Cid (: McCl wrote:Neither campaigns are Myth IV
I think I said that myself about TFV multiple times...
:) Da Cid (: McCl wrote:You're all map makers in a very small community, and you're arguing over who gets to make "Myth IV"?!
???
:) Da Cid (: McCl wrote:A-Red, I wasn't really bashing TFV itself, just the attitudes which some of your friends are showing. I know how much effort goes into a campaign.
Yes and can be seen from above the impression of attitude you got from me at least was entirely mistaken, based upon what a glance?

What I resent is these labels being put on me, TFV, and the TFV team for what? Me responding?
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

I agree with Horus on this one.

That was a pretty childish post Cid, you should consider taking deep breaths before you start talking shit in a conversation you dont really have any part being in. Not to mention it was obvious stuff was calming down on the thread when you posted it, so are you TRYING to start shit again or what?

Just cool yourself off, cid. Stop adding fuel.

Gee you think maybe thats why I deleted all my prev. posts.. but of course you found something wrong with that too. Somehow.

-ooga[/img]
:) Da Cid (: McCl

Post by :) Da Cid (: McCl »

Horus wrote:Since when did I say anything about skill? I can see a number of posts that say I have no skill, but beyond that... fuck I didn't even bring up the fact my banner says Grand Author, that was WW.
The skill thing wasn't even your quote. And you don't need to bring it up, because it says so at the end of every single post you make.
First off I didn't bring TFV into this thread, Ren did. I responded because of insinuations that the TFV team are idiots for wanting of their own free will to work on it (because it is apparently a stupid project, with lame story etc).
Where did I say you brought TFV into the thread? Stop making assumptions.

You're missing the point of my post. I'm not talking about this thread only, I'm talking generally. I've seen some massive ego-trips from the direction of TFV, and THAT'S what I'm talking about.
I think I said that myself about TFV multiple times...
Are you so self-centred that you don't realise other people are involved in TFV as well, and THOSE people are who I'm talking about? How come when I say "someone from TFV said.." you automatically assume I'm talking about you?
???
As Redwood said, it's like people on the Titanic trying to kill eachother while the ship is sinking. It feels like some people here are TRYING to split the community further, which shouldn't happen (over stupid things like 'Myth IV' and your personal feuds).
Yes and can be seen from above the impression of attitude you got from me at least was entirely mistaken, based upon what a glance?
This sentence makes no sense. But anyway, again, I'm not talking about this thread specifically. This is an observation over the years.
What I resent is these labels being put on me, TFV, and the TFV team for what? Me responding?
Read above.
oogaBooga wrote:That was a pretty childish post Cid, you should consider taking deep breaths before you start talking shit in a conversation you dont really have any part being in.
I think being someone who cares about what happens to the Myth community gives me right enough to tell you guys to get a grip. I've seen shit come and go over the last 6 years, and this is just ridiculous.

Just think back to when Clem and Blades were being cocks, back in... 2003, 2004? I can't remember when. I'm sure you felt a particular right to speak your mind, and this is no different.
Gee you think maybe thats why I deleted all my prev. posts.. but of course you found something wrong with that too. Somehow.
What the hell do you mean "somehow"? It's fucking obvious why I find a problem with it.

You basically said it yourself in that wonderful PM you sent me:
If you have something to say, say it to my face instead of being a damn coward.
Either you think you're wrong and you're being cowardly, deleting your posts to avoid humiliation, or you think that deleting the posts is the only way to stop the argument... HEY GUESS WHAT, that doesn't fucking help at all. "Grow the fuck up" and face your problems, deleting shit won't help a thing.

I cannot think of anything less grown up, or anything more cowardly.

Also, thanks for sparing me the ABSOLUTE humiliation of you flaming me and shooting my "stupid ass post down". I don't think I could have handled it!

-TGP-
Having fun with poser horses and pasted-on Warrior torsos since 1990!™
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

I'd like to point out at this juncture that there is next-to-no documented evidence that people on the Titanic were trying to kill each other as the ship went down.
I know fuck all about Myth 4, fair enough, but the Titanic is something I know a heck of a lot about. You guys need a new analogy.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

William Wallet wrote:I'd like to point out at this juncture that there is next-to-no documented evidence that people on the Titanic were trying to kill each other as the ship went down.
That's a ridiculous thing to claim, anyone with more than a passing knowledge of the titanic's accident knows that it's a well documented fact that the reason the ship went down was because of a zombie infestation on board that left the ship's bridge crewless at the time of the iceberg strike. One might quibble over the semantics of whether an undead passenger killing and eating another passenger is "killing each other", but it's a widely-known historical fact that passengers were being killed by other (albeit undead) passengers.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Those claims did gain credibility when they found the body of the Captain of the Titanic.....

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/3751 ... psefk1.jpg

He was not impressed.
Truth

Post by Truth »

.... and here we go again....
ditwidget

Post by ditwidget »

Hey all,

When it comes to the intimacies of "taking offense," remember this:

Taking offense begins first by deciding to be offended. The only

real power the offender has over the offended comes via the consent

of the offended. The reasons to consent to being offended spring from

the "fear" of perceptions (fickle opinions in constant fluctuation) having

more power than "truth." The "truth" does not need defending.... it will

prevail. A lie requires defending to sustain it for a while longer.

If you defend the "truth" it is perceived as a lie.

Relax and have faith that the "truth" will be revealed and that lies will

fall. Differences of opinion are good! It helps to craft a better future.

Offenses and counter offenses divides and embroils us all in imaginations

and lies.

You're all awesome talents with great things to offer.

This is the view of an "outsider" who has great respect for what you do.
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

What the hell do you mean "somehow"? It's fucking obvious why I find a problem with it.
Because you like to keep perpetuating drama? Like I already said: I am trying to get people to calm down on the forums. You said nasty spiteful vicious things about hard work, so dont claim to be the empathy center of the myth universe.
You basically said it yourself in that wonderful PM you sent me:
Are you being dense on purpose? I switched the conversation to private message to keep inflamatory posts like yours off of the topic so people will cool down. What the hell did you think I meant about being a coward? Obviously i'm being reasonable, and taking mature actions by deleting the posts. You are insane for having a problem with the attempt at drama reduction on the forums.
Either you think you're wrong and you're being cowardly,

I have no idea what logic could have possibly lead you to that conclusion - I DID take it to your face by private messaging you. And you are SELECTIVELY choosing parts from the message - either that or you read about one sentence in and ignored the rest and started making another hate post.

deleting your posts to avoid humiliation,

Humiliation? I posted my side in a rational way. Heated? Sure. But as far as WHAT I said you're a fool if you think I don't stand by them. You couldn't be farther from the truth of my motives if you tried with every fiber of your being.
or you think that deleting the posts is the only way to stop the argument... HEY GUESS WHAT, that doesn't fucking help at all. "Grow the fuck up" and face your problems, deleting shit won't help a thing.
Actually its stuff like THAT that causes problems. And face mine? I don't have any. I took care of it in a mature manner - unlike your parading of private messages (with selective editing i might add).
I cannot think of anything less grown up, or anything more cowardly.
How about what youre doing right now?
Also, thanks for sparing me the ABSOLUTE humiliation of you flaming me and shooting my "stupid ass post down". I don't think I could have handled it!
Its quite obvious you came here looking for a fight, but you're not going to get one. Just grow up cid - i dont care who hears it - grow the f*** up. Stop trolling and baiting and let this thread die like it should have a long time ago. Youre like a child picking at a scab, it wont ever heal if you dont leave it alone - at least i'm smart enough to put neosporin on it.

-ooga
Arthim

Post by Arthim »

This may seem obvious, but the propagation of this thread is proof that no one has actually taken this to heart. This thread has become absolutely pointless. One of the origional reasons for people to be posting on this thread was to try to dissuade renwood from calling his project "Myth4", but that has been proven to be impossible and the only thing that this thread is is a way to flame people. I say this: those of you who are tired of the insanity, stop posting, and those of you who still want to flame, I implore you please just take this to private messages.
for an mmo, click this link:
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

ditwidget wrote:Hey all,
When it comes to the intimacies of "taking offense," remember this:
Taking offense begins first by deciding to be offended. The only
real power the offender has over the offended comes via the consent
of the offended. The reasons to consent to being offended spring from
the "fear" of perceptions (fickle opinions in constant fluctuation) having
more power than "truth." The "truth" does not need defending.... it will
prevail. A lie requires defending to sustain it for a while longer.
If you defend the "truth" it is perceived as a lie.
Relax and have faith that the "truth" will be revealed and that lies will
fall. Differences of opinion are good! It helps to craft a better future.
Offenses and counter offenses divides and embroils us all in imaginations
and lies.
You're all awesome talents with great things to offer.
This is the view of an "outsider" who has great respect for what you do.
There's a loose irony in the way your post got ignored.
Bless you!