SF2 -- public beta bug thread

Talk about anything here.
ozone

Post by ozone »

vinylrake wrote:ok one smallish bug/quirk - if I don't micromanage the helicopter when I am near one of the corners of the map - a single attacking enemy unit will cause the helicopter to retreat to the edge of the map - OUT of wqsselectable map space - making the game impossible to finish.

I tried backing in to the space from different angles but no matter what i do I can't get a visual on the copter so I can't select it to move it.
Oh how Id love to be able to set all these units to "act" as melee units. Meaning they wouldnt run when hit. An oversite in 1.6 does not allow me to do this however. :cry: Oh well.

What I can do however is make the mesh borders a lil bigger and make the impassible zone 2 cells wider...this should help. (DONE)

Also its a good idea to make preset unit groups with your units before the game starts....this way you can always select them even if you cant see them...
do it.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

if you make edges flying impassable it still flies out?
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

vinylrake wrote:ok one smallish bug/quirk - if I don't micromanage the helicopter when I am near one of the corners of the map - a single attacking enemy unit will cause the helicopter to retreat to the edge of the map - OUT of wqsselectable map space - making the game impossible to finish.

I tried backing in to the space from different angles but no matter what i do I can't get a visual on the copter so I can't select it to move it.
that's what presets are for!
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Scratch wrote:that's what presets are for!
yeah yeah I know, but with 5 units on a level I was just going to 'try out' for a few minutes I didn't think I'd lose track of any of them. I know I could have fixed the runaway helicopter with presets (or watching my units closer), but player units that move out of playable map space is frustrating, and does count as a bug.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
ditwidget

Post by ditwidget »

Don't know if this is a bug. Tried to pick up two groups of "women."

First group got off in second compound and wandered around clumping up.

Picked up and dropped off second group. First group in second compound

would not be picked up after landing a second time...copter was empty.
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

Well, we played thru on legendary. Killed what seemed like everyone. Rescued I thought all the women except the ones at the beginning. Get back to base and they tell us we didn't rescue enough and we lose. I'm not sure we rescued all of them. But does losing the 4 women at the beginning guarantee a loss? Because if it does it seems kinda pointless. I hate resetting games early on, and nothing is more frustrating than a reset you had no control over, like women blowing up as during a cutscene.
ozone

Post by ozone »

Ughhhh no TZ you dont have to save those women at all at the start.

Did all the women reach the start point? So you know once the women are dropped out of the cell they can be targeted by all VC. Not sure if some may have been killed on the way home or not. If this happens again please save film and myth log for me if possible...

There are a total of 17 women to save..and you have to save at least 11 for a win.

Anyway...Ive been working on an update for the VIllage and should post later this week
do it.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

I was hosting the game TZ is talking about i belive.
Ive got the film of it im 99% sure since it played it about 100 times with people and this was the ONLY time we beat it......allthough we were told we lost ~8^).

Ill e mail it to you oz.

O yea i think it would be really REALLY nice if when you saved like half the women the guys that left at the start could come out as reinforcements.
So half the players on the team dont have to be unitless the rest of the game.

-Renwood
Persica purnus constans dum orbis exustio. Exsequor exequor!
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

After watching the film it does look like we lost some of the women (I'm sure it was enough for the loss so there probably isn't a bug). What I would like however is a warning when we are close to losing too many, and another when we have lost too many. I don't think the game should end because some people would rather play BC anyway and won't mind getting a defeat at the end of the map. However for those of us who do want to see that victory at the end of the game it would be nice to know when to restart.
ozone

Post by ozone »

Both good ideas Ren and TZ...Ill look into adding these...in some form or another.
do it.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Oz, you made this unit tagset compatible with The Siege 2 and Castle Defence for me ages ago you said, but they don't load when I try to play :|

I'm not that bothered, but thought you'd want to know.
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

Not to hijack the thread, but Elfoid, come back to myth!

Come say hi at orderofhpak.com .
Point

finally found some time to play....

Post by Point »

well made some time i should say to play

chopper pick up is the bomb great myth addition oz...
great start scripting and supply drops work great.

when units dont have anymore nades etc... still shows in inventory list
fire and enemy nades etc... doesnt seem to hurt the units much.

map is a test map so obviously plenty of stuff there to improve cant pick up some items too close to obsticles and such
doesnt seem to have an end game script

looks like it will be plenty of fun play coops with the setup

I still would like to set this up for b32 maps by adding in the unit conversion so they can quickly be translated to cpr and all the other maps I have all over my hard drive... :)
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
ozone

Post by ozone »

10 months later...

IM BACK!!!!!!!

:shock:
do it.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

w00t! Da Village lives! With all that time for development I am guessing it must be at least a small town by now?