Talk about anything here.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Going to Town is now up also.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

One of the things I wanted was to make a user-customizable list of meshes that will be shown by default regardless of what plugins are active (and when selected, these would activate the appropriate plugins).

This way, we won't have to duplicate those maps inside Patch 1.7, wasting disk space and making films incompatible, and users could also add whatever they like to the list. (And we would include the original plugin files in the update, just not bundle them all up in a Patch 1.7).

Since this feature never materialized, we didn't include the maps. I may get back to this feature for 1.7 though - once I'm done with the other fixes I wanted to do.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

What are all the bungie post release maps anyways?

1. Raisin Barn
2. Gothic
3. Boil and bubble?
4. Phoenix
5. Going to town (i dont think i know this one)

Am i missing any? Yea would be great to include all the bungie made post maps so evreybody has them when the patch come out.

Btw Our Newest Map "Land Of Despair" COOP map is looking great and should be out soon. in 1 or 2 weeks.

-Renwood
Persica purnus constans dum orbis exustio. Exsequor exequor!
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

Leagues from Nowhere is also Bungie-made.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Renwood wrote:What are all the bungie post release maps anyways?

1. Raisin Barn
2. Gothic
3. Boil and bubble?
4. Phoenix
5. Going to town (i dont think i know this one)

Am i missing any? Yea would be great to include all the bungie made post maps so evreybody has them when the patch come out.
"Technically" the commonly agreed upon Post-Release maps by Bungie are "Boil and Bubble", "Phoenix Rising(seven phoenix rising), and "Leagues from Nowhere".
http://mything.org/index.php?a=map-read&o=0000002654

They are called "post release" because Bungie released them after Myth II was released.

"Raisin Barn" is (as far as I know) originally a TFL map made by a Bungie employee - but I didn't think it was an official Bungie release. If that's correct, no way it should be part of a Myth II canon of maps. Might as well include all of the The TFL multipack maps if you are going to include Raisin Barn. (which wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea - just saying if your criteria is PRASP then neither Raisin nor the multipack maps belong). trivia: I read once, that a corner of "Raisin Barn" is used in the Myth II training map (or the training map was used as part of "Raisin Barn" - take your pick)

"Gothic" is the name the Idiots Collective gave to their updated/modded version of Bungie's never officially released "Cryptic Wightings" map. Both Cryptic Wightings and Going to Town both were incomplete so were never officially 'released' by Bungie so much as they leaked out. I don't think either should be builtin to Myth.

If you were going to include modded Bungie maps in the Canon though, I'd recommend Baak's "Leagues from Somewhere" mod - he fixed the swineherd peasant unit collection, and fixed and added some other things as well. Very playable and very fun.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

On a side note Creep On The Borderlands was also meant to be included in Myth 2 but didn't make it in time for the release. There is a Myth 2 styled pregame picture for Creep in the Myth 2 tags.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

"didn't make it" ... gah! Shouldn't Creep have been the _first_ map they included in Myth II? They could have gotten really inventive and made the walls destructible ala Venice. Instead they thought Plains & Proving Grounds were a higher priority :\
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
qwerty2

Post by qwerty2 »

vinylrake wrote: Both Cryptic Wightings and Going to Town both were incomplete so were never officially 'released' by Bungie so much as they leaked out. I don't think either should be builtin to Myth.
Cryptic Wightings and Going to Town are not to the standard of the other bungie maps, I only included them in the list for the sake of completeness. If any maps are going to be included with the patch I'd suggest 7pr, leagues and boil and bubble.
what the hell is the pword to my old account?
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

qwerty2 wrote:
vinylrake wrote: Both Cryptic Wightings and Going to Town both were incomplete so were never officially 'released' by Bungie so much as they leaked out. I don't think either should be builtin to Myth.
Cryptic Wightings and Going to Town are not to the standard of the other bungie maps, I only included them in the list for the sake of completeness. If any maps are going to be included with the patch I'd suggest 7pr, leagues and boil and bubble.
I believe those two weren't post release maps... if I remember correctly they were given away as bonuses if you preordered the game at software etc. or somewhere like that. Similarly when I bought the game at Best Buy it came with a free Myth comic book. The other three were released much later (7PR for the corresponding tourney won by voodoo and the other two to debut new units) and are generally a lot more polished.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

Orlando the Axe wrote:The other three were released much later (7PR for the corresponding tourney won by voodoo and the other two to debut new units) and are generally a lot more polished.
Leagues doesn't have a new unit, does it? I don't have the plug anymore, but I recall anything that wasn't stock, and my dusty old Codex Plugins Manual doesn't mention one--it just makes a lengthy point about how great the map is for Ghols. Boil and Bubble, on the other hand, debuts the Changeling.
ska

Post by ska »

I'm hugely in favor of including the PRASP maps in 1.7 because I'd like to see them played more often.

For some reason, these great maps are never played. I think most of them are small, so they could easily be crammed into a new update and hopefully freshen things up.

Including other maps (Sleepy Hollow for example, or the Badlands maps (Caer Cadarn, Gravediggers, Green Acres, etc)) would be nice, too.
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

Leagues debuted the swineherder unit if I recall accurately.
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

Yeah, I'd very much like to include at least the Bungie maps mentioned. I loved them, especially Leagues. I like the Sleepy Hollow suggestion, too.

I don't think Leagues had the swineherder. I could be wrong, but I just looked at Stampede and Assassin on it and it was swine and villagers, respectively. Two of the villagers were decoys, I loved that. I don't think any other game type would have the swineherd, would it?

The reason it was so great for ghols is that on Legendary you could pick up the morts and they'd actually splode when they hit.

There were different unit sets for different difficulty levels, so mb swineherders are buried in some other difficulty level; I checked on normal and Legendary.
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

iron wrote:"didn't make it" ... gah! Shouldn't Creep have been the _first_ map they included in Myth II? They could have gotten really inventive and made the walls destructible ala Venice. Instead they thought Plains & Proving Grounds were a higher priority :\
Badlands did release it in the "creep" plugin which was often played on Bungie.net. Admittedly their version is alot better than the Magma version in the TFL Multipack.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

What are the differences?