Movement at the station

Talk about anything here.
Enculator

Post by Enculator »

Bill Gates would call that a feature, but I'm calling it a bug.

Something very strange happened to me today, on a kg game.

A duff died, leaving an ignited bottle. The bottle didnt explode, as it sometimes happens.

Then a ghol grabed the bottle, sent it to my arcs, and it exploded on them.

:-( I got the film if u wana know more about it...
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

How is this a bug? you said the bottle was still lit. the gol picked up a lit bottle and thus could throw one later at any time.

gotta love gols!

-Renwood
Persica purnus constans dum orbis exustio. Exsequor exequor!
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

I wouldn't call that a bug either. And actually, I'd rather it wasn't fixed, because you can script to give Ghols "dwarf bottle lit" just as you can script to give them pus packets or spare cleavers or anything else, making them just that much more deadly. A number of mapmakers have done it in the past--those plugins would be bugged by the "fix" and the option would no longer exist for future scripters.
Archer

Post by Archer »

I'd consider it a bug because the fuse doesn't keep going when the Ghol picks it up (either going out or exploding after a period), but the backwards-compatibility argument holds.

~J
Failure: when your best just isn't good enough.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Gols have a Time dilation sack that they place items in. In such a place time slows down or ceases to exist. Thus the bottle wont splode while inside it.

Anyways...gols have ALLWAYS been able (if lucky enough) to pick up a lit slow burner bottle from a dorf , then throw it back at him.

O yea and in case you didnt notice... dorf bottles dont have timed fuses. ~8^)

-Ren
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

Pretty sure he's referring to those bottles that stay lit but never explode.

Personally I'd prefer it to stay in myth, much like the occasional satchel explosion when dorfs drop them at the start of games.
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
TheHelmet

Post by TheHelmet »

Baron LeDant wrote:Personally I'd prefer it to stay in myth, much like the occasional satchel explosion when dorfs drop them at the start of games.
That's actually never happened to me.. though I haven't been playing that frequently recently either.
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

Never happened to me either, but I saw it happen to Ducky when we were laying a huge satchel trap in coop
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

happens like once in every 500,000 satchels dropped.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

in my 10 years of mything i have seen this happen only 1 time.
i was dropping satchles and one was on fire and sploded a second later.

i was testing a Hexo plug at the time but the creator swore he didnt mess with the satchles at all.

so 1/500,000 sounds about right

-Renwood
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

iron wrote:zach: Myth 2 currently renders in 16 bit for software and 32 bit for most (perhaps all, not sure) hardware renderers. The source graphics (sprites, landscape textures etc) are all 8 bit, but there's nothing we can do about that. By the time you see them on screen using a hardware renderer they've been converted to 32 bit & smoothed.
Just for clarification, why is there nothing we can do about the 8bit sprites?
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

ChrisP wrote:In fact, I suspect Iron felt the same way about needing the Multipack ready for the 1.4 deadline, which is probably why he never told me of his plans for an automated porting tool - which he never released, by the way. That's at least one reason you don't see more TFL ports. Maybe it's very buggy and requires fiddling with rabbit-ear antennas just so to make it work. Iron never was one for releasing anything he considered less than complete.
iron wrote:Hehe, good to see you back on the forum CP :) Btw I didn't really have a plan to write that program at all, not until I started The Fallen Levels (after 1.4 and B&G were finished) and realised the task would be impossible without it. Then it all came together rather more quickly than I expected...

Yes, it needs lots of rabbit ears fiddling, not only to run the program but to setup the mesh _exactly_ the right way before you can run the program. I could tell it was going to be a massive support hassle so I never released it.

I did give the proggy to a couple of guys (Quartermann was one I think) who wanted to port some TFL plugins, but I don't think anything ever came of it. I also started on a second TFL multipack a while ago but put it aside until 1.7's done (and assuming I have the motivation).
This program ChrisP and Iron speak of, does anyone have anymore information on it?
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Wow...talk about raising an old topic from the dead. GodzFire is like The Watcher for forum posts. :)
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Killswitch wrote:Wow...talk about raising an old topic from the dead. GodzFire is like The Watcher for forum posts. :)
lol Kills, good show
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

vinylrake wrote:
Deqlyn wrote:Ivote that the Party Mappack, and/or the Winter Mappack be added to 1.7. They have the same maps with new normal SB units which makes it more fun.

Ask Fool, HMP, Paris, Balor, Zooked Turd, EvilZen, Plague Bearer, Zeph, and a whole buncha other people.

my 2 cents. <3
Not to take anything away from the fun of the Party Mappack, but if one is _tired_ of the same Bungie maps being played all the time, I would vote for some completely DIFFERENT maps before I would vote for the same maps with new units - no matter how fun, innovative and/or well balanced the new unit versions of the Bungie maps are, NEW(er) completely different MAPS get my vote.
Very much agreed.

However I do think a "map standard" with all the regular tournament maps should be given to all players with a patch. That'd be great, given MOST of us have them but often don't play them so everyone can be in agame.