Myth 2's most ridiculous monster

Talk about anything here.

Which of the following is Myth 2's most ridiculous monster, in your opinion?

Maul
17%
Myrkridia
3%
Myrkridian Giant
28%
Mahir
10%
Ghast
10%
Trow
No votes
Warlock
3%
Other
28%

Total votes: 29

Lugas

Myth 2's most ridiculous monster

Post by Lugas »

In your opinion, which of the monsters in the poll is the most ridiculous monster in Myth 2?

Edit: Added an "Other" option.
Click on the picture below for my Myth 2 scenario.
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Kryds were pretty silly looking, but mauls were just stupid.
gugusm

Post by gugusm »

IMO Mauls are quite good, I'd say Bre'Unors, but there is no such option, so I've chosen "other" :wink:
lank

Post by lank »

bre'unor (i chose "other"), with myrkridia (big and little) coming not far behind.
*toot*
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

What do you mean by ridiculous, exactly? While I think Mauls, Krids, and Krid Giants were pretty badly animated--and more importantly, could have been balanced better--the only unit I would rather not have seen in the game is the Bre'Unor.
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

IMHO Myrks were great ( until Myth III f*** up their reputation ;) ), mauls, trow, bre and rest. Come on - we know em and we love em ;) I am not sure if I liked ghasts parylising attack ( stinking hands or what ? ) back in '99.

I think that i would vote mahir - cool idea ( cheers mr. Glen Cook :D ), cool design and cool attack but they somehow completly didnt fit to Myth II storyline.
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

Mauls feel stupid and tacked on. I don't mean the unit has been made badly, but I feel its 'wrong' in the myth story for mauls to suddenly appear from nowhere.

p.s. mauls have cool taunt!
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Baron LeDant wrote:Mauls feel stupid and tacked on. I don't mean the unit has been made badly, but I feel its 'wrong' in the myth story for mauls to suddenly appear from nowhere.

That's basically my feeling. I mean, we tromped all over the world in TFL, why did we never see them or hear about them?
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Death's Avatar wrote:
Baron LeDant wrote:Mauls feel stupid and tacked on. I don't mean the unit has been made badly, but I feel its 'wrong' in the myth story for mauls to suddenly appear from nowhere.

That's basically my feeling. I mean, we tromped all over the world in TFL, why did we never see them or hear about them?
Ditto with the "where did these steroid enhanced pig-men come from?" sentiment.

I thought krids were ok, and seemed to fit in the world/'story ok, but the Myrkridian Giant was just too uncreative for me. I mean if you want to have some kind of big bad it's kind of lame to just take an existing unit, make it 2-3 times as large and let it throw explosive nugats with no rhyme or reason as to why that particular beastly evil creature knows anything about explosives. Throwing pus I could see, but throwing chunks of exploding poop? Also, as a unit it really feels unbalanced to me.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

since there were no FG in myth II, I would have liked to see MyrkG replace them :(

I voted other for bre'unors. These guys are just fillers for a bad map called through the ermine. They should cost 2 points in the unit trading
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

What's the criteria here, ridiculous as in appearance, feasibility, story-line, game-play...?
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
gugusm

Post by gugusm »

All of them :wink:
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

I think Ghasts because they are so kitch. They are like a cliched re-enactment of a 1950s black and white F grade horror movie from the IMDB's bottom 250 list.

Bre'Unor aren't so bad in their context.
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

I think we like all TFL M2 units ( including Skrael, Dirgibles and even this small funny Gryphon inside great tree on Relic level ).
*waits for M3 poll* ;)
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

I would have voted for the Peasant.

In TFL, villagers were kinda cool - they seemed to have a mind of their own. Note the well-ordered evacuation of Crows Bridge & the guide on Traitor's Grave. Consider the group of worshippers on Force 10, and their threatening behaviour if one of your dwarfs "accidentally" kills one of them ;)

Now imagine Myth 2's village-idiot peasants in their place. Right.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder