myth 1.7

Talk about anything here.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Tireces wrote:...one of Herods myrks still do not belong to any myrks groups - so this poor myrk stands exactly where guys from Bungie put it 10 years ago and do completly nothing. Even when we kill ALL other enemy units on level myrk stands silently awaiting demise hehehe. ...
Ten Years? Man, that's one patient Myrk.

But, maybe that Myrk isn't supposed to belong to the shade. Maybe he's a neutral observer from the United Nations or something.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

Hehehe Yea Im also sure that this Myrk is very important part on Bungie's World Domination Plan hehehe ;)

But, hey they sold so many copies of Halo 3 that maybe they dont need it to stand there any longer :P
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
CRC

My 1.7 wishlist

Post by CRC »

Since this is the most recent thread related 1.7, and I'm too lazy to read all others to find correct place to post this, I post here my wishlist. This is only suggestion, I'll be very glad if these are taken into consideration.

a) For tourney purpose, being able to see game result including each player stat without reviewing entire film will save a lot of scorers time.
I wonder if there's extra space in film file to save these. Watching these result via Myth2 application will be perfect, but watching these via external tool (like tag editors) will be enough for that purpose.

b) For tourney purpose again, showing "damage given" in post game stats of film reviewing will serve more accurate personal ratio award.
I dont know why "damage given" isnt shown when reviewing while it is shown just after real game. Also, showing "unit loss" on LMotH will be cool. (For some reason, "unit loss" isn't shown only when LMotH game.)

c) Fix inventory bug.
On mazz game, inventory item disappears in some situation. I'm not sure what is condition but, i) when inventory is full or nearly full and ii) when consume some item, it happens. I suspect inventory item list resorting program has some bug.
Site Admin

Re: My 1.7 wishlist

Post by Death's Avatar »

CRC wrote: c) Fix inventory bug.
On mazz game, inventory item disappears in some situation. I'm not sure what is condition but, i) when inventory is full or nearly full and ii) when consume some item, it happens. I suspect inventory item list resorting program has some bug.
Any particular item?
CRC

Re: My 1.7 wishlist

Post by CRC »

Death's Avatar wrote:
CRC wrote: c) Fix inventory bug.
Any particular item?
No. It happened to me on mazz/pyromancers a few times. condition i) and ii) are nessesary conditions, and I'm pretty sure I'm missing some more conditions for it doesnt happen so often.

From what I can recall is, when I order the unit to use the last charge of an item and the unit uses a little after my order due to action delay, and that time I'm opening item list (the last charge is not used yet) by i key and select it after the unit uses the last charge or something like that.

Meh, its very hard to explain these situation in foreign language! I hope you'll get it.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

What CRC describes has happened to me once. I was the pyromancer if memory serves me right. I think the script was trying to "level" the pyro as I used one of the mana rechargers, causing it to break the script. It took all my artifacts but it didn't give me the new ones to replace the old ones. All I could do is mana replenish myself and be a decoy for the rest to live. But that game was lost and no one noticed the issue but me... seeing as the pyromancer died shortly after this issue and so no one questioned it.
CRC

Post by CRC »

Same bug happened to us today. Film is available.

http://fama.thyme.jp/uploads/inventory_ ... 55mins.zip

About 55mins, electromancer leveled and inventory disappered, and them Muse (name with smily) yelled it.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

It's really, really time consuming to debug giant films when the bug happens 55 minutes into the film.

Can someone make a small plugin that uses a similar type of script, that makes the bug show up very early in the game?
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

You would have to ask ChrisP since mazz 6 can't be opened with Loathing.
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

Why would you need ChrisP?

I just thought all you need to do is create a unit, fill it's inventory, use the last charge on one of the items, and then script taking the artifacts away and replacing them with new ones. To my knowledge that is all Chris is doing.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Thing is we don't know the exact script. We can get close, but what if whatever is different is the difference in the issue. It might be best to get a copy of the original script for that part.

The artifacts are removed when the unit has certain number of kills. It removes all the artifacts except specific ones and adds other artifacts. It also removes either all or specific number of kills. The issue appears to happen when you use one of the artifacts the moment the script is doing something... not sure if its when its removing or trying to add the artifacts.