Changing unit color

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Anthson

Changing unit color

Post by Anthson »

A followup question to my damaging terrain topic:

Let's say we have an icy pool of water now that does damage over time. Instead of putting a local projectile around the pool to indicate it's damaging, I'd like to turn units inside it blue. Just like when a wight explodes and makes your guys purple, I'd like the water to make your men blue when they're inside it and have the blue effect disappear when they're outside it.

Thoughts?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Possible, kinda. :? If you take a look at the first level in Chimera you can see fog all over the map. You could make a blue version of it and place it over that water area. Unfortunately the whole area will be blue even before the unit walks in there.

Or using script you give any unit in that area an artifact that will switch their monster tag to a blue version of that unit... would require Amber work and I don't think it would be worth it.
Fury IX

Post by Fury IX »

yea, a low, thin layer of blue fog around units in water would be cool, and probably not to hard. You could maybe edit the splash projectile to have a transparent blue mist or something. But it may look bad idk, would have to try it to find out I guess.

One thing that ive wanted more than anything is a white winter wolf unit... But after some tests I didnt like that he stayed pure white after a huge battle. So he would have to change collections and get bloody as he got more kills. I have no idea how hard it would be, but I think its way worth it no matter how hard it is :p
someday...
Souly

Post by Souly »

if this is just for one map, and your not going to use paralize....you can eddit the effects for parralize!

inted of purple you can make it blue, the gass you will also have to make blue.....i have made new healing effects by editing it so i do think it can be done
Anthson

Post by Anthson »

I wouldn't have to have my units actually paralyzed, though, right?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Anthson wrote:I wouldn't have to have my units actually paralyzed, though, right?
If you change the color of the paralyze effect, it will only show up when an attack calls this effect... have you ever seen the purple tint from paralyze attacks appear WITHOUT a unit being paralyzed?
Jagman

Post by Jagman »

Plus I doubt you can change the color from purple to blue without some hackin'. Go with the mist.

Maybe myth needs a "frozen" internal mechanism :)
gugusm

Post by gugusm »

It isn't worth trying IMO...
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

Pyro wrote:have you ever seen the purple tint from paralyze attacks appear WITHOUT a unit being paralyzed?
Actually yes, but it was random and I think has been fixed :)
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these: