all games red with 1.6

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Will

all games red with 1.6

Post by Will »

I open up myth 1.6 and it says i'm in 1.6 build 290. Login to mariusnet and all games are red

I open 1.6 universal, same deal

now a new problem of it telling me my network connection is buggered despite still having no problem with my actual connection.

any advice?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

For some people, when switching servers sometimes their computers will not properly delete the old server plugins, so you have plugins of both servers. Look through the plugins folder and delete the plugins of the other server. Myth has these files backed up in another folder so no need to worry about placing them elsewhere. PlayMythNet uses two plugins, one of which is "PlayMyth v1.2.1" and the other starts with "PMI_". (Like "PMI_Classic", "PMI_PlayMythRed", etc.) MariusNet uses "Patch MariusNet" only. All online games will appear red until you get rid of one set of server plugins. This issue also happened when users were on PlayMythNet with more than one "PMI_" plugin (PMI = PlayMyth Interface).
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Good job helping out a member of my MWC team Pyro!
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Yeah I just quoted that from a Myth noob guide I am making. It isn't done yet.

Myth Starter Guide
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Pyro wrote:Yeah I just quoted that from a Myth noob guide I am making. It isn't done yet.

Myth Starter Guide
Nice work Pyro,I've meaning to update the old semi-official Myth II FAQ (from Mythvillage.com days) with the new server info but never get around to it - this looks like a really useful resource to have - let me know when it's done and I'll post a link to it on the mything.org site.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Will

Post by Will »

got it! i still had PMI rockon in there

thanks guys
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Pyro wrote:Myth noob guide
Sup Will!