1.7 stuff

Talk about anything here.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

I think Baak made a little app that auto saves your films. Though at the moment the OoH site is down while it moves.
lank

Post by lank »

zach wrote:can we hear that in the lamens english version lank LOL.
because of the way myth works, it would be remarkably complicated to implement - and it would open up an avenue for abuse by people outside the game to cause lag for players inside the game (by flooding the host with requests to see into the game).
*toot*
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

If you did it mariusnet or thetain or some "Server" would have to host the file. So only the "Server" would request new info (they could probably just be seen as another player to the myth engine. Like a nuetral observer). Anyone who wanted to watch the film would then get it from the "Server".
zach

Post by zach »

yeah i was just figuring alittle tiny pop up video of it when you scroll over it.
An yes it would have to run throught the server i believe. I Guess it would cause lag i dont know how considering this game was made to play on 56k modems. I suppose it would depend on the size of the stream
i just figure it uploads one way to the server then the server put out the rest.

Im not saying i want it just was suggesting something that would be kinda cool cant hurt to put out ideas...
Autumn Demon

Post by Autumn Demon »

I heard that magma changed who wins in territories if there's a tie. Is it possible to change that back to how it used to be?
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

The change was a result of everyone complaining in MWC '04 that it didn't work correctly. It now works how everyone wanted it to.

If I recall correctly (on a tie):

The first tie breaker is the maximum number of flags ever owned by each team. If this maximum is higher for one team than the other, it wins.

If the maximums are the same, the winner is the team that owned that many flags most recently.

If that's still a tie, the winner is the team that captured that many flags first.
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

Myrd wrote:...If that's still a tie, the winner is the team that captured that many flags first.
And after that, the average team age is calculated and the win is awarded to the older team.

Right? Sometimes OoH counts on that one.
Baak

Post by Baak »

Frumius wrote:
Myrd wrote:...If that's still a tie, the winner is the team that captured that many flags first.
And after that, the average team age is calculated and the win is awarded to the older team.

Right? Sometimes OoH counts on that one.
Only if Frumius is playing. ;)
Grayswandir
Location: Running rampant in the bowels of human stupidity...

Post by Grayswandir »

Someone might have mentioned this but I didn't see it as I was skimming the thread.
From what I remember, the original TFL ghols (might have been all units, I'll have to confirm that if I can find my TFL disk again) used to be able to get melee units to chase after them by taunting. This seemed to have been taken out in Myth II (taunting does crap) but it might be a nice feature for vTFL (If possible, might be engine limitations of some kind), you know for the whole "authentic" TFL feel.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila."
--Mitchell Radcliffe
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Myrd wrote:The change was a result of everyone complaining in MWC '04 that it didn't work correctly. It now works how everyone wanted it to.

If I recall correctly (on a tie):

The first tie breaker is the maximum number of flags ever owned by each team. If this maximum is higher for one team than the other, it wins.

If the maximums are the same, the winner is the team that owned that many flags most recently.

If that's still a tie, the winner is the team that captured that many flags first.
Just out of curiosity, why is the change being made so many years after MWC04 when patches have been done in the past? I don't mind, just wondering why it didn't get done then but did now.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

The change was made in 1.5.1.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

And if you look at the modified date for 1.5.1 (if you still have it) it says April 2005. While 1.5 was being finished in 2004. So I guess it was changed/fixed way back then.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

I musta mis-read, I thought it was anew thing for 1.7

It'd be cool if the plugin selector box thing was slightly wider so the full names of plugins would show up. Not that it matters much, but....why not?
sillek

Post by sillek »

The Elfoid wrote:I musta mis-read, I thought it was anew thing for 1.7

It'd be cool if the plugin selector box thing was slightly wider so the full names of plugins would show up. Not that it matters much, but....why not?
I REALLY AGREE.
Although I doubt it, because I recall hearing that the lobby is fixed at 640/x480
Arthim

Post by Arthim »

This is almost definately impossible, but what if the direction of the light source on a mesh could change over time. Basically creating a day night cycle. Shadows get longer as time passes and eventually cover the whole mesh simulating night, then eventually light reappeares on the opposite side of the mesh.
for an mmo, click this link: