Myth 2 multiplayer maps AI?

Talk about anything here.
Province

Myth 2 multiplayer maps AI?

Post by Province »

Are there any mods or is there anyway to play the myth 2 multiplayer maps versus some kind of cpu or AI?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

A mapmaker would have to add scripting in it to tell the other teams what to do and when to do it.

So... no.
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

Hmmm I remeber that there was a plug where u could play against very very dumb "AI" on a multiplayer map once. However I dunno if it had at least squad movement action or it was simply "everybody rush teh hill" so warriors alwayes reached hill 2 minutes before duffs ;) 2nd option proly
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

Group of Coops 2 has a bunch of maps set up like multis, where you fight a few other identical teams, and each one of them patrols around the whole map as a huge platoon.
Province

Post by Province »

Bummer....anywhere other than marius where multi player games are running?
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Province wrote:Bummer....anywhere other than marius where multi player games are running?
No, there used to be playmyth.net but it died. Any reason you ask?
Province

Post by Province »

Eh I was just thinking the other day " Man, I really miss playing Myth 2." The single player entertained me for about a day or two =) I really wanted to play some multiplayer, or at least the multiplayer maps with some AI. I still can't believe Bungie ever let such a great game go.
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

Classic one of our dev team members on our project has made a few levels of multi player maps VS AI opponents. (Killing grounds CTF vs AI and gimble CTF vs AI) there is also a new version of raisin barn we are working on that has a new gametype of hunting. where players hunt peasants and there are enemy AI trow hunting Peasants AND your guys as well. Trying to fight 3 pretty sneaky AI trow from different angles at the same time is just as difficult as you would imagine. They like to shadow you and pick off any stragglers or people BEARLY out of formation.

Im not sure if all these maps are released at the tain. But if you are interested ill get some links to them for you.

you do know marius.net is still up right? and you can play against humans there.

-Renwood
Peach Out
Province

Post by Province »

Sure that would be great. That would be cool if they kept working on those AI capabilities! I'm not sure about Marius yet. I could imagine some of those players are pretty hardcore and competitive. I'm not a pro at myth by any means. I just really love to play =)
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Hehe, they are far from hardcore. There are new people and even rusty players, so don't worry too much about that and play on Mnet.
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

Dont worry about skill level man! just TRY HARD to be a good player/person and you should get respect.

I am one of the few myth players to achive its highest honor, and even i go on all rusty do something stupid and blowmyself up and get mocked.

just have fun, and try to be decent about it!

-Renwood
Peach Out