Men Of War- A Myth like experience

Talk about anything here.
don

Men Of War- A Myth like experience

Post by don »

A few days ago I found this game which I had never heard before. And it brought back memories, of Bungie, of the sense of awe I had when I played my first game of Myth TFL.

It's a WW2 game. You can have large scale battles, or small squad based battles . You can even have a single soldier stealthily moving about and killing enemies one by one as in the game commandos.

I write about it here because a similar kind of post ten years ago brought me to the wonderful world of Myth. Since we all appreciate Myth, I thought maybe our tastes our somewhat similar. The gameplay feels a lot like myth to me.

Anyway give it a try. I post the review by eurogamer-
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/men-of-war-review
don
06Garrick

Post by 06Garrick »

Although I would say this game is fundamentally different from myth, it does look really good!

Check it out... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhHt3dAC_pk
don

Men of War-A Myth Like Experience

Post by don »

06Garrick wrote:Although I would say this game is fundamentally different from myth, it does look really good!

Check it out... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhHt3dAC_pk
I have played this game a lot and it really feels a lot like Myth. Let me explain.
1. You have control of each individual soldier and of the entire squad as in Myth.
2.Like in Myth a lot of items are pickable by a soldier. Say you kill an enemy soldier, you can take ammo and guns from his body, or you find a destroyed tank you can salvage it for machine guns. Reminds me a lot of the Heron Guards.
3. You cannot construct bases like in myth, There is no factory line production of units. You have what you have, just like in myth. Almost all the strategies and tactics that worked in Myth, work perfectly fine in Men Of War.
4. Remember how the best fun in Myth was in the incredible defensive missions. Hordes of enemies attacking a small group of your soldiers and you try to hold them off. A number of mission in Men of War are just like that.

Men Of War may look different, but believe me when I tell you that it plays a lot like Myth.
don
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

ohhhhhh I was trying to find this game for a long time! it's quite awesome, plays a little like myth and is very very fun :)
don

Men of War-A Myth Like Experience

Post by don »

Another review which explains this game much better than I ever can -http://thereticule.com/2009/03/men-of-war-the-verdict/
don
Giamilton

Post by Giamilton »

Wow, I'm checking out the demo here in a little bit, looks very cool.
ftp://ftp.1cpublishing.eu/demos/menofwar_demo_setup.exe
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Is the game moddable?
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

Hey iron good to see your around again these days!

best part is the cows mooing in the background.
No wait the best part is you can just listen to the sounds of war and stuff going on all over without hearing "Casualty" fukin 100 times I LIKE IT!

Hmm thats a really long video! i left it on in the background and starting working away on other things all the while the sounds of tiny little video game people killing each other in a giant war going on all over.

Could this be a new feature maybe? the OPTION to turn off myth saying "Casualty!"?? sometimes it kinda starts to bug even me a little, and it has annoyed the hell out of roomates ive had in the past.

-Renwood
Peach Out
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Renwood TWA wrote:Could this be a new feature maybe? the OPTION to turn off myth saying "Casualty!"?? sometimes it kinda starts to bug even me a little, and it has annoyed the hell out of roomates ive had in the past.
One of the possible ways to stop annoying roommates with it is by using headphones. :wink:
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

yes, but then i still have to hear casualty 1000 times every time i play ~8^O
Peach Out
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Fire up Fear

Open the "internal casualty" tag

Select the permutation (05crev)

Click Delete

Save the tag

Repeat with "internal casualties"

Enjoy.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

yay go iron! wooo!
Peach Out
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

I wanted to change my 'casualty' tag to the 'DEATH' sound from Black and White 1. Way creepier.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

I changed the casualties sound to screams in the greek plug
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

oh no dont do that