Best 2 Player co-op?

Talk about anything here.
MythN00B

Best 2 Player co-op?

Post by MythN00B »

Hey guys, I was wondering what you think the best 2 player co-op is. My brother is thinking about getting into Myth again after his exams are done and he wants to start with some fun co-ops, preferably with some story behind them.

Any suggestions? (I think Mazz is a just a wee bit much for 2 people in my opinion)
Baak

Post by Baak »

Myth Addicts has a good list of co-ops on their site (which appears to have temporariliy lost its CSS styling?!?)

In December last year I set up the Mirror of Creation (with permission) which includes The Seventh God v1.4 (an epic co-op) and other Creation goodies. You might want to check these out too, since the mirror is the only place to download them anymore.

I'll defer to others for a list of "the best". :)
MythN00B

Post by MythN00B »

thanks a bunch!

Downloading the seventh god and across the Gjol 3,

Theres just so many to choose from! If somebody could give me a top ten or top five I'd be very grateful.

Edit
Ooh, found some help here:

Description
This download contains the JINN Mappack. The JINN Tagset is required for this plugin.

JINN is a total conversion for Myth II created by VistaCartel back in 2001. It takes place in a desert world with a strange and dense atmosphere. To create this atmosphere, JINN makes unique use of models and complex map design in combination with a moving story.

Comments

I'd go so far as to say it's one of the *three* best, along with Seventh God and Chimera. Has the same dark, gritty feel as TFL, in spite of the different setting.
Posted by: A-Red at October 29, 2006 19:19:29

Be sure to download this! One of the best 10 plugins ever made in my opinion!
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

My favourite solo level was Ephor of Myrgard... unfortunately I don't think I've ever tried it as a co-op though! Give it a look.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

Baak wrote:Myth Addicts has a good list of co-ops on their site (which appears to have temporariliy lost its CSS styling?!?)

Apparently Naked Day is not the same day every year. I find this annoying. Expect mythaddict to be naked again on the 9th.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

I can't say whether they are the best 2 player coops, but as of 2003, the Mill (the myth community's longtime now dead map repository) listed the following maps as 'all-time must haves'.

Morte Della Luna
Bushido-Way of the Warrior SOLO
Assassin!
CoD: Source of the 500 Poisons v1.0
the Camp P.O.W. Rescue Mission
Homeland II
Group of Coops #2
Throne of the Lich King

They also list the following winners of their 2000 solo mapmaking contest

Under Myrkridian Standards
CAGES
Senex Silvae
The Legend of Gor-Ash
Touga
Havre River

Of course there have been many good coops created since 2003. My most recent personal favorite is The Fortress of Doom II - but it really needs at least 4 players to have any hope of winning.

PS. I also liked Ephor of Myrgard, another one I liked a lot was Sisters of the Blade. Lots of interesting new units, and generally very high quality.

pps. Two coops from the list above I had a lot of fun with were Morte Della Luna & Havre River.
Last edited by vinylrake on Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baak

Post by Baak »

TarousZars wrote:
Baak wrote:Myth Addicts has a good list of co-ops on their site (which appears to have temporariliy lost its CSS styling?!?)
Apparently Naked Day is not the same day every year. I find this annoying. Expect mythaddict to be naked again on the 9th.
Heh -- well, I for one was impressed that the layout was legible and intelligently done with zero CSS -- so I guess at least one person noticed! ;)

Out of the ones Vinylrake listed I've only played a handful (sad but true), but can tell you Assassin! is great but has only one unit to control; Homeland II was pretty fun; CAGES is completely different (not the standard Myth world). Of course, that's only a handful.