Most Kills by one Unit? Also, Hello!

Talk about anything here.
MythN00B

Most Kills by one Unit? Also, Hello!

Post by MythN00B »

Hello Everyone, I just joined this forum because I'm hooked on Myth again. Myth TFL was the second computer game I ever played when I started playing computer games about 11 or 12 years ago (I played Warcraft 2 for a couple years before Myth). (I'm 20 but I started young), and Myth II is still my favorite RTS of all time.

Anyways that's my little introduction, also I had a question for everyone, and I tried searching for this under "most kills" but I couldn't find anything. What's the most kills you've ever gotten on one unit in any of the original single player campaigns? So far in my playing of Myth 2 I'm on level 5 on normal difficulty and my main dwarf now has 104 kills and I still have not had a casualty. (Level five is the one where you're being chased by a horde of guys, I successfully killed the horde and have not lost a unit yet, not even the pathfinder on the level where you're besieging the keep). Nothing amazing I realize, but it's a start anyway. I might just start up a new game and just try to get 70% of my kills from one dwarf or something like that.

How bout you guys, whats the most you've had one unit kill? I'm going to guess somewhere around 400. Also what does that even look like when you have one SUPER unit that just slays everything?

Also I'm eventually going to get into multiplayer, any tips for a n00b? How should I get started?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

The Myth Starter Guide might be useful.

As for how many kills on a unit... well I don't recall for regular single player. The max you will ever see listed on the status bar will be "250+" once the unit passes 250 kills. Though I'm not sure if the post game results will show more than that number. In regular Myth (as in not modified maps), units stop vetting at 5 kills. So once your dwarf had 5 kills he reached his limit and is as good as a dwarf with 250+ kills.

Not that it matters but some people consider Myth and games like it that don't use resource gathering and building things as an RTT (Real Time Tactical) game.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

And you're describing level 6, not level 5. Willow Creek, Salvation, Down a Broken Path, Into the Breach, The Baron, Gonen's Bridge.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

I dont count my kills anymore :o

max i got was probably around 10-15 before dying lol
spa

well, some games allow for what your asking about

Post by spa »

while playing mazz - you will find that units reach levels of veteran status. the maximum leveling is 4 for most units - but some don't get that high.

I had only one unit the other night on a Dream of Death game - the mortar - and had just over 1000 kills with him. He was incrementally better - just like with mazz - without achieving target numbers of kills - or levelling.

By the end - his mortar shells were firing like a tennis ball practice serving cannon set on "tripple espresso red bull sugar agitated hurry up"

I also got a serk up to Level3 on mazzarin's Demise a few nights ago - or beyond 250+ kills - and he was tougher than any unit I have ever had in any game. He was also as fast as lightening and could not be hit by beh's, archers, or - - well anything.
Sonixboom

Post by Sonixboom »

blah blah BLAh to you and your mazz spa. play some gimble and some 16 ppl desert terries THAT is fun. max kills= 250+ with a doof in "across the ghol3"

-Saint †
Anyone interested in joining my clan drop me a line.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Shut up Sonic
spa

Post by spa »

I used to play desert and gimble as much - if not more - than anyone - but that was back when the games were high quality fun. Over the last two years, I've come to learn that the new myth player style is to be bold, daring, assertive, and impatient.

Very seldom do I see clever strats unfold, and spectacular game play. Win or lose, those games were always much more fun than today's arrogance tinged dominance exercises. Retiring to the lobby after games these days usually brings the outcome into the public space to be aired and debated.

I prefer to do my killing of the enemy with friends - in coops - and pat each other on the back afterwards for a job well done.
MythN00B

Post by MythN00B »

Right sorry, level six, Gonens bridge. Dang, that's annoying about the 5 kills max veterency, I was getting really protective of that Dwarf.

So what server does everyone play on by the way?

Also what is Mazz? (Explanation or link would be fine).

So far I'm on level seven now (on normal) and still no casualties!

Edit: OOOh Mazz= Mazzerins demise eh? Cool.

Also where can I get some good co-op maps?
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

You're on the forum of the best place on the web to get plugins for Myth.

tain.totalcodex.net

I'd suggest clicking on Myth 2 Plugins, then using the side tabs you can filter what you're looking for, and then look at Top 5's and such. Good indications of great maps.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

As for what server, there is currently only one Myth server, MariusNet. If you can't figure out how to get on it or need additional help take a look at the Myth Starter Guide for the need to know info.

As for what Graydon said about top plugin downloads, they can be a little misleading when it comes to much older plugins. Since The Tain hasn't been around for too long, so some of the older popular plugins might not have such a high download count as they might have had.
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

The real challenge is getting 250+ kills with a single unit on a multiplayer game with less than 250 units.
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

Sonixboom wrote:blah blah BLAh to you and your mazz spa. play some gimble and some 16 ppl desert terries THAT is fun. max kills= 250+ with a doof in "across the ghol3"

-Saint †

want to know why you are not an oak tester?
killerking

Post by killerking »

MythN00B wrote: So far I'm on level seven now (on normal) and still no casualties!
Lol, single player on normal= to easy. After you finish the campaign some hints:

Play online, so you can't use saved games. I consider those cheating :P
Play on legendary!
After you win upload your films somewhere.
To get an idea how to win levels you can look at the replay's from http://myth.bungie.org (or you can ask me :P )
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

killerking wrote:...Play online, so you can't use saved games. I consider those cheating :P
Play on legendary!...
Online legendary? TOO EASY THAT'S CHEATING!!

If you really want to prove your chops Killer, play the solo campaign on legendary difficulty ONLINE (no saves) from start to finish at 16x speed. Then when you can do it 16x legendary multiplayer(online) with NO CASUALTIES? THEN you can brag.